This job has now expired
Head of Design – c£36,000
Our client is a live communications agency located in Hertfordshire providing a range of event, exhibition, design and screen media services. Specialising in the travel and tourism sector, but do not work exclusively in this field. The business is predominantly organising B2B events, although from time to time, some projects are B2C.
We are seeking an experienced and creative senior designer to head up a small in-house design team. The ideal candidate will help to lead the team forward and will have proven experience across a range of applications including: traditional design for print, digital publishing, electronic marketing, website design and, exhibition stand design and management.
This lead designer will be able to take a brief and manage a project from inception to conclusion and willing to undertake every stage of the process from creative concept, to artwork, management and delivery. Work predominantly includes: event design (invitations through to stage set design), e-marketing, exhibition stand design and event branding.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria…
• Be a strong creative and conceptual thinker.
• Have the ability to present ideas both internally and to clients.
• Be a good team player.
• Be willing to nurture and mentor more junior staff.
• Have good problem solving skills.
• Have a knowledge of the latest trends and emerging technologies.
• Be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Have a thorough knowledge of print processes.
• Have knowledge of digital publishing .
• Be an accurate art worker.
• Have excellent attention to detail.
Video, motion graphics and web programming experience would be useful, but not essential as we use external experts for these skills.
Stand and space design consultancy will be undertaken internally with the CAD element outsourced to an excellent local freelancer, so CAD experience is not necessary.
This Role would suit: Head of Creative, Head of Design, Senior Designer, Studio Manager, Events Design, Designer, Design Manager, Creative Manager.
To apply, please click 'Apply now'.