This job has now expired
Senior Production Manager
If you've got a proven track record of managing all technical aspects of stellar events, conferences, road shows in an agency environment; our prestigious client is looking for someone just like you. We're recruiting a Senior Production Manager for a leading events management agency that produces everything from on-the-fly road shows to conferences.
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 5 years experience of managing top end event projects. This senior role will manage most of the agencies large scale events, technical project budgets can running to £2million but equally could be as low as £2,500.00
- To line manage the team of technical staff, directing the work of permanent technicians, Daily/hourly paid staff and casual crew on a show by show basis.
- To ensure that adequate and appropriate technical support is provided in advance of, during events and following events.
- To work with the Managing Director and Head of Production and other Production Managers to advance production related information.
- To attend site visits and production meetings as required.
- To assist in the costing and production of client proposals based on their briefs.
- To act as client liaison when necessary and continue to maintain and build client relationships to a high standard.
- Assess the technical requirements of future events to ensure compatibility with the venues and to determine potential costs.
- To work with other departments to determine requirements for events and to maximise income from these events.
- To maintain high standards of production for all events.
- To coordinate Lighting, Sound, Video, Set and Staging, electrical infrastructure, communications and any other technical equipment necessary for events.
- To ensure budgetary targets are met through the proactive management of staffing levels on an event by event basis. Minimise costs, where possible, whilst maintaining high standards of production values, health and safety and client satisfaction.
- To lead, motivate, support and direct staff for whom you are responsible and ensure all staff are aware of and are working in accordance with current company policy and procedures and relevant Health and Safety legislation. Working in conjunction with our Health and Safety Manager, ensure that departmental and event related activities are risk assessed.
- To work to a budget set by the client and ensure that all financial matters are managed in accordance with company policy and procedures and that departmental recharges are recorded accurately. Manage all areas of the budget reporting back to relevant manager in charge of event when necessary.
- Complete reconciliation for every event spend including petty cash, credit cards, fuel expenses, overtime and weekend pay
- To attend weekly Sales and Ops Meetings and team meetings as required.
- To ensure that events are run in line with regulations pertaining to the Premises Licence. To liaise with licensing, safety and emergency services officials as required. To obtain special permissions where required (pyro’s, lasers, radio mic licenses etc)
- To promote and comply with DRP Groups policy on equal opportunities both in delivery of services and treatment of others.
- As and when needed to rig, de-rig and operate equipment during events.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required
A mature and confident manager able to work calmly and effectively with a wide range of people, including artists, venue production staff and conference/event organisers. A flexible attitude and willingness to work as part of a team with ability to handle several diverse projects at once and meet deadlines under pressure in a busy environment is essential.
- Proven leadership and management skills, with experience of staff and crew management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar Production Management role
- Knowledge of the production process and resource/timescales needed to realise production requirements.
- Excellent all round communication skills with good literary and numeracy.
- Experience of professional stage machinery/ electrics/sound/lighting
- communications and audio visual techniques.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate production aspects of live events effectively
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Licensing Regulations.
- Self-motivated and able to work under their own initiative, with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to their work
- Proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. The ability to inspire confidence in those they work with.
- Ability to read/ interpret and create CAD drawings
- Budgeting and financial skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem solve and trouble shoot.
- Experience of similar programme of events including conferences, banquets and exhibitions.
- Experience of using AutoCAD, WYSIWYG or Visio cad drawing packages.
- Proven track record in design realisation.
- Current driving licence.
This role would suit: Production Manager, Senior Production Manager, Production, Production Director, Technical Production Manager, Technical Production,
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button to submit your CV and cover letter.