This job has now expired
Technical Projects Assistant
Midlands – Worcestershire
£16-20,000 depending on experience
If you've got a proven track record of supporting technical aspects of stellar events, conferences, road shows in an agency environment; our prestigious client is looking for someone just like you. We're recruiting a Technical Projects Assistant for a leading events management agency that produces everything from on-the-fly road shows to conferences.
This rapidly growing and hugely successful agency is leading the way in end to end project management with this being a fantastic time to join and really develop your career and aspirations within the events world.
- Provide support to Head of Production Management and Managing Director in the creation of proposals and other client facing documents.
- Assist Production managers with reconciliation for all event spend including petty cash, credit cards, fuel expenses, overtime and weekend pay.
- Support Production Managers with equipment/materials sourcing, supplier negotiating and purchase ordering.
- Assist in the coordination and arranging of travel plans and appointment’s for Production Managers.
- To attend production, creative and planning meetings as needed.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and freelance staff with regard to bookings.
- Update and develop database of freelance staff and suppliers.
- Provide support to the Production Managers in the creation and updating of Health and Safety risk assessments and method statements.
- To develop an understanding and knowledge of technical solutions and audio visual requirements.
- Implement, maintain and develop efficient and effective administrative systems.
- To contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of all aspects of DRP Technical Services event delivery.
- To attend weekly Sales and Ops Meetings and team meetings as required.
- To promote and comply with DRP Groups policy on equal opportunities both in delivery of services and treatment of others.
- To work within the guidelines set out in DRP Group’s Health & Safety policy and employee manual.
- Will be expected to work flexibly and undertake such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
A mature and confident manner, able to work calmly and effectively with a wide range
of people. A flexible attitude and willingness to work as part of a team with an ability to handle several diverse projects at once and meet deadlines under pressure in a busy environment is essential.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in a similar role
- Basic knowledge of the production process and resource/timescales needed to realise production requirements.
- Excellent all round communication skills with good literary and numeracy.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Self motivated and able to work under their own initiative, with an enthusiastic and
- flexible approach to their work
- Proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. The ability to inspire confidence in those they work with.
- Ability to read/ interpret CAD drawings (Training will be provided)
- Budgeting and financial skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem solve and trouble shoot.
- Experience of similar programme of events including conferences, banquets and exhibitions.
- Experience of using AutoCAD, WYSIWYG or Visio cad drawing packages.
- Current driving licence.
This role would suit: Production, Production Junior, Junior Production, Production Assistant, Technical Events Production, Technical Production, Technical Production Assistant.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.