This job has now expired
The Skills Show
The Skills Show inspires and transforms young people’s lives through a series of interactive events held across the UK, changing the way we think about skills, training and apprenticeships. Our national show, the UK’s largest skills and careers event, is held at the NEC, Birmingham, 14 – 16 November 2013.
The purpose of this role is to work within the Operations Directorate whom take responsibility for the planning and delivery of a range of operational and technical related aspects required to deliver The Skills Show including (but not exclusively):
- Have a Go;
- Careers advice;
- Features; and
Applicants should have the following experiences and skills:
- At least two years experience working as a Conference Technician or working with audio visual equipment;
- Experience of planning and managing large scale events (technical event production, supplier management, exhibition stand creation, etc);
- Experience of setting and managing budgets;
- Experience of selecting and managing contractors/suppliers to deliver outsourced work;
- Able to think creatively and solve problems;
- Ability to manage own varied workload, prioritise accordingly and meet deadlines; and
- Understanding of the complexities of working in an event/operations environment.