The Brand Republic Group, publishers of Marketing, Campaign, Media Week and PR Week, is the UK’s leading source of information and news for those working in the marketing, media, advertising and communications industries.
The ongoing success of Brand Republic’s live events has resulted in the creation of a brand new position for an established sales professional with highly developed commercial skills to increase sponsorship revenue across the conference and forum portfolio.
The portfolio includes flagship events such as Media360, BrandMAX and Marketing’s Digital Exchange, alongside a range of new events and tailor-made client events.
Reporting to the Head of Event Partnerships, your role will be to research new revenue streams and source new business, while growing existing accounts through meetings and phone calls. A large part of this will involve working closely with your clients (and event producers) to devise new and exciting ways to maximise exposure and new business through event sponsorships. Your core goal is to maximise partnership revenue for the Brand Republic conference, forum and bespoke event portfolio
Key to success is tailoring your approach to meet the needs of your clients. Often you will be dealing with organisations that require bespoke and creative solutions, requiring you to have a strong understanding of the industry and the sectors in which your clients operate. The ability to build strong client relationships and possessing a consultative and knowledgeable sales process are essential.
You will be a sharp and consultative sales person, experienced in selling event sponsorship, with at least 3 years of relevant experience. You will have strong listening and questioning skills, and a desire to create new and exciting solutions for your accounts.
Key features of the role:
1. Researching and contacting relevant new clients with whom to close new business
2. Increasing spend from clients and prospects through strong relationships, built through face-to-face meetings and regular phone contact
3. Working with the Head of Event Partnerships and internal teams to develop innovative new sponsorship packages to meet the needs and budgets of your client base
4. Attending conferences and forums to ensure your clients maximise their new business potential on the day of the event
5. Maximising personal and overall event revenue targets
6. Demonstrating a strong knowledge of clients' business functions and the marcomms industry
7. Researching and analysing the market and identifying opportunities for potential commercial opportunities and new ideas
8. Managing own sales pipeline and forecasting effectively
Other essential knowledge/skills include:
> A strong track record of exceeding revenue targets
> Excellent negotiation skills
> Ability to sell against competitors and increase market share
> A solution focused sales approach, with an understanding of costs and margins
> Experience of working closely with your team to create the best events
> Outstanding communication skills, both verbally, in writing and through presentations
> Confidence in engaging top decision makers within large organisations