Assistant Show Manager
My client based in West Essex is an award winning Media and Events Company. It’s one of the leading players in the industry, and runs some of the most iconic and successful events and magazines in the UK, Shanghai and South Africa.
They have won over 70 industry awards in the last 10 years and are continuing to grow, taking over/launching more magazines and events each year.
The ideal candidate is someone who has had two years’ experience in an event management role preferably in the exhibition industry.
Reporting into the show management team, applicants need to be highly organised with a strong attention to detail and very proficient in PC skills including Excel & PowerPoint.
They should be self-motivated, articulate, and creative and demonstrate the ability and commitment to deliver to tight deadlines.
Good project management, planning skills and relationship management are a must and the confidence to liaise with senior key stakeholders are vital along with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook and a flexible "can do" attitude.
- Work within the show management team on the delivery of 7 B2C exhibitions a year
- Close liaison with features team, sponsorship, sales & marketing departments to ensure delivery of the events.
- Compile the signage schedule for each event and implement onsite with the graphics companies and to the satisfaction of the event sponsors.
- Managing the furniture requirements across various features at each event.
- Administering the show budgets and logging of invoices onto the respective budget planners.
- Brainstorming new & innovative solutions for catering areas at each show, including restaurants, bars and cafes.
- Subsequent planning and implementation of these catering areas at each show.
- Extensive research and sourcing of products / services.
- Working on-site at each event, managing relationships with contractors throughout the build & installation process.
- General administrative support.
- Post show reviews, reconciliations and analysis.
Great opportunity to work with a inspiring and forward thinking company with excellent career opportunities .
Competitive salary and benefits