Account Director (West Midlands)
Top Banana is an award winning event management agency with offices in the West Midlands and London. We help leaders communicate better, through events and communications that originate from a strategic vision. We are looking for a top notch Account Director who has great operational experience, combined with the ability to think strategically to ensure we deliver a solution that makes a measurable difference for our clients.
- Project Management – full responsibility for managing the delivery of a portfolio of client projects across multiple account teams. Including large scale and high budget. Taking on or overseeing others in briefing internal departments, supplier liaison, content development, technical, logistics and delegate management. Attending all events run out of account teams.
- Content Development – Lead and drive creative content in conjunction with the Client Services Director across all media, including digital, video, graphics and other communication materials
- Financial Management – Oversee financial management of all projects with account team, being responsible for job profitability and maximising margin in line with agreed margin targets. Understanding and managing specific client contract obligations. Ensuring all jobs are cash flow positive. Working with Head of Production to track average day rate to ensure jobs are costed accurately and company targets on average day rates are met.
- Process and Quality Control – Be a beacon of best practice with the Production team. Ensure Account teams deliver projects in line with ISO 9001 standards. Offering solutions and suggestions for process improvement and efficiencies. Maintaining high quality of execution in everything the Account Teams produce to ensure client satisfaction exceeds targets as set by business
- ROI – ownership of ROI targets within the account team. Supporting Client Services Directors to obtain client buy-in to the framework and ensuring objectives set meet requirements and that effective and timely measurement is in the place. Challenging Senior Account Managers/Account Managers to step outside the day to day and think more strategically
- Resource Management – Working with the Head of Production to ensure effective allocation of resources within the team so that clients are best serviced
- Client Management – Overseeing the production process, attending client meetings as necessary, communicating at levels up to and including Board level. Creating touch-points with more senior contacts, understanding client strategy to enable higher level conversations and communicating to the Client Services Director any client opportunities.
- New Business – Working with Client Services Director to identify new business opportunities. Attend new business meetings and networking events. Working with the Head of Production to allocate resource and leading account team in delivering of pitch. Ensuring pitch meets with the client’s requirements and strategy and is in line with our brand proposition.
- CRM – responsible for keeping CRM up to date with client contacts, updating notes etc.
- Line Management – Line Management of Senior Account Managers/Account Managers and their respective teams in line with Top Banana GREAT communication framework. Strong leadership and performance management ensuring account teams perform at a high level. Supporting and enabling staff to develop through training and regular communication including probationary meetings, appraisals and other performance related meetings.
- Company Culture – Demonstrate the Top Banana values and live and breathe the brand behaviours. Encouraging others to get involved and feel part of the team to help maintain and uphold the Top Banana culture. Take an active part in team meetings and activities. Having a voice and sharing ideas.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – excellent presenter and confident at communicating at a senior level (Exec/board) including facilitation
- Experienced networker and relationship builder
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good stress management
- Autonomous – taking ownership and responsibility
- Strategic thinker – ability to rise above, read the market and anticipate change
- Leadership – leads by example, establishes trust and respect. Ability to performance manage teams
- Influencer and ability to manage change through teams
- Financial acumen: reporting and forecasting
- Resource allocation and planning
- Goal setting
- Flexible – ability to adapt in the moment and responsive to change
- Creative and dynamic – think outside the box, challenge the norm
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to see projects through
- Computer literate
- At least 6-7 years event production experience ideally in an agency environment
- Large budget event experience – including international preferable
- Line management experience essential
- Experience of using ROI methodology essential
- Experience of content development and how to bring alive messaging in a conference environment
- Experience of working with internal communications teams essential
- Experience of video production essential
For further information on what it’s like to work at the plantation check out our website http://top-b.com/careers/see-bananas-love-working-top-banana/
To apply please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Kathryn Ray (Kathryn@top-b.com)