Event Operations Manager (Sports Venue)
Incredible operational role for an experienced Event Manager with large scale public venue events experience!
East Midlands based venue with an exciting annual calendar of major sporting and public events. Bringing the best in the business together, this venue is an international stage for high calibre athletes and stars! A highly sought after role in an exhilarating events space!!
As Events Operation Manager, you will assist the Head of Department in managing a range of large public events from international sporting occasions to large outdoor concerts. You will be responsible for the full planning and logistics process of allocated events; stewarding, security, traffic management, production, on-site facilities, H&S and budget management. Liaising with internal departments and external providers, you will be instrumental in ensuring a successful event!
- Central point of contact for key clients on confirmed events
- Operational responsibility for allocated event projects from enquiry to delivery
- Assist in driving the business forward through developing existing offerings and creating new opportunities
- Communicating event details to all key stakeholders
- Liaise and negotiate with key suppliers, delivering within budget and standards
- Work as part of and support a wider team to ensure operational success of all events
You will be an experienced event manager with a successful track record in managing large scale public events. Ideally you have worked across indoor and outdoor events leading on all planning and logistics of match day, race day, festivals or concerts. To be eligible for this role you will be residing in the area or closely accessible by car/transport.
- Experienced in running large scale public events
- Working experience of supplier management - sourcing, negotiations and liaising
- Great project management experience
- Easily accessible to the East Midlands region
- Exceptionally organised, high attention to detail
- Full clean UK driving license
- Team player! Flexible attitude to work load/hours
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the "Apply " button now