Events & Content Manager
My Client… is an independent, not-for-profit corporate membership organisation consisting of approximately 225 organisations – top FTSE and professional services companies, central government departments and agencies, local authorities, some wider public sector bodies, universities and not-for-profit organisations. Reporting to the Head of Events, the role is a unique opportunity to take responsibility for the design and delivery of a diverse portfolio. The programme features senior speakers across topics such as Brexit, the Industrial Strategy, Digital & Technology and International Affairs. The client delivers around 140 events a year, tackling issues of importance to both business, government and the not-for-profit sector. Our briefings, workshops, round tables and conferences attract over 7,000 delegates annually.
The Role… The successful individual will work across the organisation, with a focus on initiating and creating content for both free and paid for events. The role significant supports the event content development of the client’s extensive portfolio.
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Managing the creation, design and logistical delivery of around 40 events (ranging from single speakers, multi-speaker, workshops and roundtables)
- Produce at least one chargeable, one-day conference;
- Generate new ideas, conduct research, manage external relationships;
- Develop relevant and topical event programmes;
- Secure and liaise with high-level speakers;
- Ensure relevant attendees are identified and targeted;
- Monitor relevant external events to ensure WIG events are cutting-edge, including networking with external contacts and potential speakers;
- Work with expert communities relevant to WIG networks to help generate and potentially facilitate quality event and programme ideas;
- Contribute new ideas to overall event portfolio to enhance overall member satisfaction.
- In addition to content creation, the Event & Content Manager will be responsible for managing the delivery of their own events with the support of the Events Assistant;
- Liaise with speakers and facilitators, ensuring they are fully briefed;
- Liaise with venues/hosts regarding logistical aspects;
- Manage deliver on the day to ensure smooth running of events;
- Oversee and sometimes manage customer/member applications to events.
Apply for Events & Content Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly