Business Development Manager (Events)
Today’s Chelsea Football Club is so much more than football. Stamford Bridge now boasts two hotels with 281 bedrooms between them, a huge and versatile meetings and events offering, one of the most desirable sports hospitality facilities in Europe, two restaurants, a five star health club and spa and state-of- the-art music venue. This role is instrumental in driving value into the business.
Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Field Based (75% on the road, 25% office)
To proactively manage and promote facilities to third party agencies and monitor conversion for non matchday business. Proactively promote Meeting and Event facilities at Chelsea Football Club. To work closely with the Meetings and Events Sales Manager and Head of Business Development: Venue.
- Proactively sell events space to UK and international event agencies, generating high levels of event enquiries & maximising enquiry conversion
- Weekly research to be undertaken of new business agencies via sales calls & LinkedIn sales navigator
- Account management of assigned top M&E agency accounts and management of override campaign with assigned agents
- Representation of event space within industry networking events and associations.
- Manage agency database with regular updates working closely with Marketing and CRM departments.
- Completion of assigned sales activities which will include familiarisation trips, office visits, hosting on the hospitality table, exhibition attendance and association representation.
- Influence on M&E marketing and PR campaigns in order to target new business
- Ensure that any enquiries that require assistance in follow up and / or conversion are followed up and tracked
- Host on ad hoc match days on the Hospitality table with a members of the M&E or BD Team
- To track success of all 3rd party listings and maximise conversion
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Successful track record in a face to face sales role, preferably related to meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibition agents
- Extensive knowledge and contacts within event agency sector, event industry associations and tourist boards essential
- Demonstrable experience within event industry in a proactive role
- Previous hotel or venue experience essential
- Understanding of override agreements required
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills along with a passion for providing exceptional customer service
- Confident in ability to present to groups of clients and complete cold calls
- Experience with Delphi and CRM Dynamics
- Excellent time management & attention to detail
- Must have full clean drivers licence
- Able & willing to travel both domestically and internationally when required
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Manager, Events, Events Sales, Override Agreements, MICE Agents, Event Agency, Tourist Boards, Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions, Sales, Account Manager, New Business, Field Sales, Hospitality, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.