Internal Hospitality & Event Co-ordinator
Do you want to be an Internal Hospitality & Event Co-ordinator in a fast paced, busy conference and events environment? Are you willing to go the extra mile to deliver inspirational customer service? Then this may be just the role for you!
You will be responsible for maximising revenue generation from the co-ordination and administration of internal hospitality and functions, working within a small team that sells Royal Holloway’s conference and banqueting facilities.
Once each event or wedding are confirmed you will then be responsible for detailed event management including all the operational aspects so that the relevant teams will know what is expected of them. After the event you will need to gather feedback and proactively identify opportunities that can be converted to new business.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Be an excellent co-ordinator who is able to work on a number of projects at one time whilst ensuring that agreed deadlines are met.
- Be able to establish and maintain close working relationships with clients and colleagues, ensuring that you understand what is important to them and therefore what you need to do to enhance this.
- Have excellent communication skills, customer orientated, able to work well alone or as part of a team and work well under pressure.
- Have an eye for detail and be able to follow established policies and procedures (including response times), which will help you to deliver the highest possible level of customer service.
- In addition, you will need to be able to multi-task and have the ability to see even the most mundane tasks through to the very end.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, especially during the main conference months.
This post is based in Egham, Surrey, where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
To view further details of this post and to apply please click 'Apply now'. The RHUL Recruitment Team can be contacted with queries by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the reference: 1016-333
Closing Date: 27th October 2016, Midnight
Interview Date: 7th November 2016
The College is committed to equality and diversity, and encourages applications from all sections of the community.