£25,500 to £27,000 per annum | 35 hours per week
- Do you have experience of delivering successful sports fundraising events?
- Are you committed to helping us to raise vital funds through an ambitious and exciting challenge events portfolio?
- Do you enjoy providing excellent donor care?
- Are you interested in joining a digitally-driven organisation that is passionate about making real change for people with asthma?
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you. This is a dynamic role at Asthma UK and a great opportunity to join us at an exciting time.
What the role involves
You will work closely with the Sporting Events Manager and other Event Coordinators to deliver a dynamic and successful challenge events calendar. It is a varied and busy role that includes event management, recruitment, communications, budgeting and dedicated donor care. You’ll need to be comfortable juggling tasks and priorities, as well as working towards agreed measurable objectives including increasing participant numbers and achieving agreed income and expenditure targets.
The role will suit you if …
…you are passionate about sports fundraising events, enjoy organising and being busy, and if you are motivated by working towards ambitious agreed objectives. You’ll be naturally enthusiastic and a great communicator, comfortable using your own initiative and managing your own workload. The role will suit you if you want to strengthen your experience of working in sporting events, with an organisation taking forward an ambitious digital transformation programme. You will need to have ambition to match, and value the opportunity to learn new things.
You will need:
- Strong project management experience of sports fundraising events, from planning to execution
- Great communication skills
- Ability to manage income and expenditure budgets
- A commitment to excellent donor care
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a busy and varied workload
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising supporter journeys
- The motivation to ‘test, learn and refine’ to ensure steady growth of our events and budget
- Some knowledge and understanding of asthma is desirable
Come and make a difference!
There is nothing as terrifying as the feeling of not being able to breathe or watching helplessly as a loved one struggles for breath. Every 10 seconds someone in the UK has a potentially life-threatening asthma attack and three people die every day. Asthma UK works to stop asthma attacks and, ultimately, cure asthma. How? By funding world leading research, campaigning for better care and providing high-quality information and advice that supports the 5.4 million people in the UK with asthma to reduce their risk of a potentially fatal asthma attack.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our recent staff survey reports that although we have a decidedly high performance culture, it’s probably the friendliest place most people have worked with great opportunities for development. So, if you are a high performer who wants to develop your experience in the charity sector and grow your skills, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information please visit the Asthma UK website and to apply, click on the Apply link now!
Closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 6 November 2016.
First round interviews will be held on Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 November 2016.
Second stage interview will be held on Monday 21 November 2016.
More jobs like this
- Event Project Management Creative Events & Parties jobs in London (Central)
- Event Project Management Events and Shows jobs in London (Central)
- Event Project Management Event Management jobs in London (Central)
- Event Project Management Experiential jobs in London (Central)
- Event Project Management Live Events jobs in London (Central)