Business Development Manager - Events
About The Appointment Group
The Appointment Group is a multiple award winning, independently owned global events, music touring and corporate travel management company with nine offices across United Kingdom, United States, Australia and Singapore. It was founded in the UK and has been operating for over 28 years. Our UK offices are in Queens Park, London and in Manchester with over 150 UK staff.
The Global Events team manage a range of complex events including conferences, roadshows, kick offs, incentives, exhibition hosting, parties and ward ceremonies plus trade and retail study trips as well as offering a group and event flight service with an online delegate registration service.
We are seeking an experienced events Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing and dynamic company.
Our ideal candidate would have a sound background in events sales with 3+ years’ experience in the agency environment.
Preferably with knowledge of local and international event delivery and operations, we are looking for a confident, dynamic individual to maximise opportunities through tender and RFP/RFI processes and ideally ‘open doors’ for our team of experienced event managers to confirm and deliver the events.
The successful candidate would be expected to generate leads and develop a network of potential clients using their extensive contacts in the industry and attendance of networking events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research opportunities for TAG to enter tender and RFP/RFI processes
- Ensure TAG’s inclusion on procurement event rosters
- Generate new leads using existing contacts
- Create new contacts through research, networking and industry events
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 years in the events industry
- Preferably with operations experience
- Confident and engaging with credibility to sell to event buyers in a busy events marketplace
- Great financial and organisational skills with ability to prioritise in a challenging environment
- Proven track record in events sales and delivery of high level customer service with a proactive and positive approach