A little about us…
Bray Leino Events (www.brayleinoevents.co.uk) are specialists in delivering cross sector events and in the past two years have been responsible for over 200 events in the UK and across the world, engaging more than 30,000 delegates.
We are looking for an Event Director to join our Event Management and Conferencing team, and play an integral part in assisting with and supporting every aspect of event delivery. This is an exciting new opportunity to develop your Events experience within an award-winning agency.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Managing Director of Bray Leino Event Management, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of a range of events throughout the year, in the public and private sector. As part of the Management Team you will work with the CEO and Head of Events to help grow the award winning events division.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients at a strategic level to develop event formats, campaign messages, KPIs and objectives
- Leading and managing project teams on the planning delivery of events and projects – from conception to completion
- Leading on writing new business tenders and deliver pitches
- Creating and managing budgets, providing updates to the client and reporting to the leadership team for P&L, forecasting etc.
- Contracting negotiation with 3rd parties
- Line management responsibility for Senior Event Manager(s) and wider team – including holiday sign off, mentoring, monthly catch ups, reviews and escalations
- Client relationships – building, maintaining and developing strong relationships and managing expectations with core client contacts and the wider client stakeholders.
- Developing project timeline and ensure milestones are met
- Creating management plans and technical run sheets for use on-site, including resource planning
- On-site event delivery – UK and overseas. Sometimes working weekends and evening as required.
- Post event evaluation – analysing data and collating reports
What will I need?
The events world is unique. If you are someone who:
- Thrives on a challenge
- Has a great track record and strong contacts within the industry
- Can manage complex budgets, specifically for cost-neutral events
- Can provide timely management account reporting
- Remains calm under pressure, can manage a number of tasks simultaneously and maintain excellent attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
- Is an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of people, including clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Has great writing and administrative skills, with competency in using Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Is flexible and wants to travel within the UK and abroad for a few days at a time
- Has great leadership skills
- Will lead discussions and conference calls
- Is passionate about events
- Has at least several years’ events experience (both private and public sector)
- Uses their initiative and can think on their feet
- Knows what it takes to deliver a great event
Then we’d love to hear from you!
And in return…
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (+ Bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Medical cash plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Employee discount scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts with various shopping outlets
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular staff social events
- Early Friday finishes in the summer
- Company Christmas closure
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate gym membership discounts