Events and Conference Manager (Medical Charity)
Highly reputable medical society searching for an experienced events and conferencing star to lead the division!
Medical not for profit organisation supporting a community of people living with a challenging condition that exist to support, inform and drive research into more and better treatments for those affected. A community of scientists, campaigners, public, volunteers and fundraisers who together are working towards a cure. With head offices based in NW London the society offer a range of community services including events, fundraising, resources, research and much more.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Brand, the Events and Conference Manager will take the lead on delivering a successful and busy events programme with managing the day to day operations of the evens team. By working closely with colleagues, suppliers, sponsors, consultants, speakers and venue's you will manage small and large scale end-end events including conference's, speaker sessions, expo's and awards around the UK for a mostly consumer facing audience. In an exciting period of change and growth to their major flagship event, this is a great time to come on board and drive some major projects forward!
You will be a mid-senior level events and conferencing professional with demonstrable end to end events experience ideally gained in the Not for Profit sector or perhaps from commercial or corporate industries. An excellent communicator with strong organisational and project management skills who is a great team lead and team player! You will be able to demonstrate the following requirements in your career experience to date
- Previous experience in content and programming of large scale conferences
- Consumer events experience advantageous
- Previous line management or supervisory responsibilities in events
- Demonstrable skills in events planning - logistics, delegate management, suppliers, speaker management event promotion, onsite delivery etc.
- Budget handling experience
- Understanding of data protection legislation and H/S risk management legislation
- Good IT skills - including MOffice and Database experience
- Marketing experience desirable though not essential
If this opportunity sounds perfect for your next step, get in touch with us right away by clicking the 'Apply' button now. We would love to hear from you today!
Apply for Events and Conference Manager (Medical Charity)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly