Head of Operations
An exciting venue in Cambridgeshire seeks a Head of Operations for a varied role responsible for the delivery and management of venue operations across a large site, including indoor venues and outdoor space for events. The role will also encompass managing client services by building strong relationships with the client and ensuring they run their events in the most efficient and commercial way to aid growth of the event.
Managing a small team, the ideal candidate will have experience of event management procedures and systems, with the ability to manage internal staff and external contractors. You will also have an understanding of financial targets, being able to balance the requirements of various parties against the timeline and budget, while still meeting the overall objectives.
- Determine the services required through good communication with the relevant departmental managers - in particular the Event Managers
- Advise on the feasibility of requirements and offer guidance for the most effective solutions, incorporating best practise at all times
- Plan the delivery of required services in accordance with the brief and agreed costs
- Manage the delivery of the required services through good communication with the Maintenance Foreman and third-party suppliers where relevant.
- Record all on-site requests for further work, and advise account manager post event
- Upsell services to third-party clients
- Accurately record all costs, and resources utilised
- Continually analyse service delivery and quality, improving standards, changing processes and suppliers where required
- Manage the repairs and renewals programme of maintenance for the venue, as per the agreed annual plan
- Where possible introduce additional services and partnership agreements
- Oversee and improve operational procedures throughout the venue
- Deliver improved quality of service to customers
- Work within budget to maintain the venue infrastructure
- Experience and understanding of systems and procedures for the effective management of event services to third parties
- Ability to be able to provide solutions to unplanned problems arising during the planning and operation of events
- Ability to forward plan maintenance tasks and manage resources to deliver those tasks in the most effective manner