Event Travel Management (ETM) provides professional event management services which deliver value through creative and meticulously planned events. We employ the best people, supported by the latest technology to connect our delegates with the ultimate brand experience.
We are experts in connecting companies with their chosen audience whilst adding value at every stage of the experience, from the initial negotiation of rates to the detailed planning required to deliver every event successfully.
ETM is a dynamic and fast-growing company, and is the specialist event management and group travel division of Corporate Travel Management (CTM).
The ETM Sales Manager is responsible for contributing to the continued growth of ETM Europe by generating leads, opening doors and securing new events and group travel business.
They will be expected to develop a network of potential clients using existing industry contacts and by representing ETM at industry shows and networking events.
Working in collaboration with the ETM team, as well as the CTM Sales team, the role will involve identifying and securing opportunities for ETM to be included in tender and RFP/RFI processes, and then leading pitches and creating proposals that exceed the clients’ expectations.
We are looking for a confident and creative Sales Manager with a solid background in events sales and ideally 3+ years’ with an event agency or TMC.
Knowledge of operational event delivery and group travel management is preferable, so that the applicant truly understands the service they are selling to our prospective clients.
Above all, we want someone with the desire and enthusiasm to learn and develop existing knowledge and experience to ensure that we are always delivering the best possible service to our clients.
- At least 3 years’ sales experience in the events industry
- Proven sales track record
- Understanding of operational event delivery and group/event travel is preferable
- Confident and charismatic personality, equally comfortable in talking to a room full of people as to an individual client
- Professional approach with a focus on high levels of client engagement and satisfaction
- Development of event RFP/RFI responses and proposals
- Highly organised, with the ability to track and manage key prospects and develop relationships
- Good understanding of the industry and current market climate - knowledge of UK, European and International events suppliers, competitors, and industry challenges
The Nice to Haves
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience in working closely with travel teams
- Team-focused but also driven to achieve personal goals
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive and autonomous approach to work
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
- Ability to creatively problem solve