Exhibition Operations Executive
GovNet is the UK’s leading events’ company for the Public Sector, running over 650 events per year ranging from exhibitions and summits to conferences, briefings and training courses. The business has around 160 staff based in offices in London, Manchester, Blackburn and Birmingham.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, all of which, to date, are specifically for the Public Sector. For two decades, we have provided unrivalled access to high quality and up-to-date information and have created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
Our company is a highly successful and profitable organisation and has been consistently in growth mode for some years. However, in order to take us to the next level, we are entering a positive period of transition and change in terms of culture, structure, process and product.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning, organising, managing and delivering your event (s)
- Providing administrative support to the Operations Team
- Ensuring all Exhibitor health and safety forms are documented and easily accessible – both in the office and onsite
- Create documents prior to going on-site, such as Staffing Manuals, Contact Details Sheet and other important forms for staff, exhibitors and show visitors
- Furniture and carpet order – requirements for each area must be met and within budget
- Catering order – ensuring catering on the show floor is substantial and up to standard
- Signage – working with marketing to use the expo artwork to the best ability, ensuring signage for each area required, and under budget
- Floorplan updates
- Onsite temporary staffing role outlines and briefings
- Delivering new ideas that will improve both the exhibitor and visitor experience
- Shell scheme nameboard proofing
- Accommodation booking when required
- Responsibility for packing show boxes and ensuring all departments are aware when courier departs
- Working in the organisers office at all exhibitions
- Attending all post show meetings and providing feedback
- Writing, producing and regularly updating and spot-checking the exhibitor manual
- Ensuring all sponsorship orders are clearly reviewed and purchased deliverables fulfilled alongside the Operations Manager
- Working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure best customer service at all times
- Chasing exhibitors if profiles/ logos / H&S information is not submitted on time
- Proofing exhibitor profiles for show guides in the run up to the event
- Keeping the show within agreed budget parameters for your areas of responsibility
- Ensure that all purchase orders are raised within good time
- Chasing invoices post show
- Visit new shows and write follow up reports where required
- Look for new ideas and put forward your recommendations
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Operations Executive will report to an Operations Manager, the candidate will be able work on his or her own initiative and to be highly motivated and enthusiastic. The Operations Executive will be responsible for helping the Operations team produce exhibitions to the highest standard, with close guidance from the Operations Manager. The job will involve some nights away from home. The individual should have good industry knowledge and ideas of how to enhance both the exhibitor and visitor experience, both pre-show and onsite.
Experience within the exhibitions industry is preferable, and a passion for events is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
In return we offer a positive, inviting work environment, the opportunity to develop your career within a fast-paced growing company. We offer a competitive salary, holiday and a pension scheme.