Senior Events Officer x3
The Greater London Authority (GLA) is seeking experienced Senior Events Officers to join the Events for London team delivering the Mayor of London’s Events Programme. We are recruiting two Permanent and one fixed-term or secondment opportunity (2 years).
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a team delivering some of London’s most exciting and high-profile live public events. The Mayor’s Events programme enhances and enriches London with free events that celebrate diverse cultures and bring Londoners together from across the city from different communities.
The Mayor’s Events Programme:
- includes over 40 events including London’s spectacular New Year’s Eve Firework Display,
- engages with an audience of over 3 million people
- features collaborations with over 50 event partners
- generates an estimated economic impact of £45m
We are ideally seeking candidates with a successful track record of project management in the design, operation and delivery of outdoor events and in managing relationships with statutory agencies, contractors, sponsors and London's diverse communities. Strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
Qualifications in Event Management, knowledge of legislation relating to the Events Industry and the management of the public realm would also be advantageous.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share.
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.
If you have a question about the role or the recruitment process, then please contact a member of the recruitment team via email email@example.com quoting reference GLA946.
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Application closing date: Sunday 24 September 2017 at 23:59 GMT.
Interview date: Monday 16 & Thursday 19 October 2017.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
More jobs like this
- Event Project Management Creative Events & Parties jobs in London (Central)
- Event Project Management Events and Shows jobs in London (Central)
- Event Project Management Event Management jobs in London (Central)
- Event Project Management Exhibitions jobs in London (Central)
- Event Project Management Live Events jobs in London (Central)