Aldgate, London E1
c.£26,000 per annum | 35 hours per week
- Do you have experience of delivering successful sports fundraising events?
- Are you committed to helping us to raise vital funds through an ambitious and exciting challenge events portfolio?
- Do you enjoy providing excellent donor care?
- Are you motivated by joining a digitally-driven organisation that is passionate about making real change for people with asthma?
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference to people with asthma, this is the role for you.
What the role involves
You will work closely with the Sporting Events Manager, as well as the other Events Officer and Assistant to deliver a dynamic and successful challenge events calendar. It is a varied and busy role that includes third party event management, marketing, budgeting and dedicated donor care. You’ll need to be comfortable juggling tasks and priorities, as well as working towards agreed measurable objectives including increasing participant numbers and achieving agreed income and expenditure targets.
The role will suit you if…
…you are passionate about sports fundraising events, enjoy organising and being busy, and if you are motivated by working towards ambitious KPIs. You’ll be naturally enthusiastic and a great communicator, comfortable using your own initiative and managing your own workload. The role will suit you if you want to strengthen your experience of working in sporting events with an organisation taking forward an ambitious and award-winning digital programme. You will need to have ambition to match, and value the opportunity to learn new things.
You will need:
- Strong project management experience of sports fundraising events, from planning to execution
- Knowledge of the main third part sporting events in the UK
- Great communication skills
- Ability to manage income and expenditure budgets
- A commitment to excellent donor care
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a busy and varied workload
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising supporter journeys
- The motivation to ‘test, learn and refine’ to ensure steady growth of our events and budget
- Some knowledge and understanding of asthma is desirable
- Experience of working with those fundraising ‘in memory’ is desirable
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our staff survey reports that although we have a decidedly high performance culture, it’s probably the friendliest place most people have worked with great opportunities for development. So, if you are a high performer who wants to develop your experience in the charity sector and grow your skills, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply link now!
Applications close at: 8am Monday 2 October 2017.
First interviews will be held on Monday 9 October and Tuesday 10 October 2017
Second interviews will be held on Monday 16 October 2017.