AFME is an industry association representing a wide range of participants in Europe’s wholesale financial markets. Its objectives are to promote safe, sound and efficient wholesale financial markets supporting economic growth, employment and investment. Our Members comprise most of the key wholesale financial firms operating in Europe and are committed to high quality reform of European financial markets.
Our busy Conference and Events department organises a programme of events that bring together our members, other parts of the industry, politicians, regulators and the media to discuss issues and to share their views. The department currently organises more than 20 large-and medium-scale events, which attract over 250 speakers annually, in London and other European cities such as Brussels, Berlin and Madrid.
AFME is looking for a Conference Administrator to join the events team. The role requires the successful candidate to assist the conference production and sales functions by managing the coordination and communication with over 250 leading industry speakers annually, scheduling research and speaker briefing meetings, responding to inbound delegate and sponsorship enquiries and other ad-hoc communications to event participants.
The Event Administrator is also required to work with the Head of Events and Event Content Manager in developing AFME event programmes and contributing to the long-term business objectives for the events calendar, including collating event data, providing event feedback, conducting research into client needs and competitor information.
This would be an ideal role for a recent graduate or candidate looking to gain experience in conference programme production or sales, particularly those with, or looking to gain, knowledge in European financial markets.
The successful candidate will also be expected to liaise frequently with senior internal stakeholders and external member working groups and should be able to demonstrate high levels of professionalism, adaptability and the ability to learn complex topics, as well as possessing confident written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
This role is geared towards maintaining AFME’s high levels of event content and production quality and ensuring information and event objectives are communicated clearly and effectively to all participants.
Key activities / Decision areas
- Managing communications and tracking information of speaker faculty for all AFME Events and Conferences
- Arranging advisory board meetings and speaker prep calls as necessary for AFME Conference portfolio
- Drafting and sending regular speaker/attendee event updates
- Conducting post event feedback through telephone, face to face and email research
- Collating and analysing attendee feedback and making recommendations to the business
- Collating and analysing event data and making recommendations to the business
- Assisting with conference programme research – sourcing potential topics and speakers
- Responding to inbound enquiries and promoting benefits and prices to potential delegate leads
- Researching potential new delegate and sponsorship sales categories
- Creating sponsor and delegate invoices, following up with payment when necessary and managing the invoice process from start to finish
- Sending out partner confirmation emails
- Sending out partner final reminder emails
- Drafting and sending of partner thank you letters from the Chief Executive post-event
CRM & Website
- Updating Sponsorship contacts in CRM
- Adding speaker and sponsor details in CRM and registering to events
- Managing the speaker content on the Speakers page of the event microsites (head shots/bios)
- Managing the agenda content on the Agenda page of the event microsites
- Tracking progress in speaker and delegate recruitment, keeping data up to date and reporting to the internal team
- Creating and developing speaker and delegate database, managing communications timelines and systems
- Opportunity to gain experience managing event programmes or sales campaigns
- Assisting logistics team with onsite event set up and staffing during live events and a backup for Events Coordinators
- Aspirations of career in conference content production or sales
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure, with planning and excellent time management
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident communicator
- Demonstrable team working skills
- Comfortable with some sales and commercial activities
- Strong research skills with ability to grasp complex topic areas
- Excellent spoken and written English
- IT/system skills (Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel, website management systems, CRM, social media, webcasts, etc.)
- Previous experience within financial services and/or membership organisation preferred
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
- Sales experience
- Creative and original copywriting experience
- Additional languages an advantage particularly French, German, Italian or Spanish
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description can be found in the AFME websit