Events and Sales Assistant
Events and Sales Assistant, St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, central London
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, highly organised, forward thinking people person to proactively support the Events and Sales Manager, in the management and sale of the events and conference spaces at St Martin’s. This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate looking to start a career in Events Management.
This unique central London venue is situated within a historic and modern architectural masterpiece, with a team of award winning chefs, customer service trained staff and a choice of beautiful spaces.
The key focus of the role will be working closely with the Events and Sales Manager delivering events across the site. You will fully support our existing business, as well as generate new business leads through proactive sales calls, presentations and show rounds.
If you are…..
- Passionate – about understanding and responding to a client’s needs
- Enthusiastic – about hospitality and great customer care
- Hardworking – who can take the initiative to get things done and work to deadlines
- Motivated – to learn and excel in events industry
- Self-starting – excellent at organisation and calm under pressure
- Friendly – able to work in a team with a fantastic team spirit
Experience of working in a hospitality environment is required, and a degree in Events Management or appropriate Hospitality degree or formal qualification.
Working at St Martin’s
Based at: St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London.
Working pattern: In general will be Monday to Friday, however there is weekend work for some event bookings, 40 hours per week, including some early mornings and evenings.
Salary: up to £21,000 plus Workplace Pension.
Free meal on duty, free filter coffee and tea throughout your working day, 20% discount in the Café in the Crypt/Courtyard and Shop (excluding books and CDs) and limited concert concessions.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Notice period: 1 month
For a full job profile see our website www.stmartin-in-the-fields.org/about/working-for-us/
How to apply
To apply for this post, please email the following to email@example.com by 9.00 am Monday 25 September 2017:
- a supporting statement, explaining why you believe you can do this role
- a comprehensive CV including details of your achievements in each role, and including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer (please note we will not contact referees without your permission).
If you would like to chat about the role, please call James Clark, Events and Sales Manager, on 020 7766 1139, or Nadine Swaffield, Human Resources Manager on 020 7766 1101.
Interviews will be Friday 29 September 2017.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, unfortunately we cannot respond to all individual applicants.