Head of Shows
Head of Shows - Hearst Live
We at Hearst Live passionately believe in the power of live experiences in our audience’s lives.
Having seen significant growth across this sector for Hearst and Hearst Live we are looking to recruit passionate industry leading professionals from the live events and experiential sector who will be part of a growing team within a leading global media company.
By bringing to life our brands we strive to create live experiences that enable, inspire and excite our valued audiences and clients so they can deeply engage with the Hearst brands and audiences.
Hearst Live is the award winning live events division of Hearst UK. Creating live experiences for our iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living.
Reporting into the Head of Hearst Live this role will have responsibility for leadership of the shows team, creation of new Hearst Live owned shows alongside delivery and development of the existing Hearst Live shows plus management of any external partnerships (e.g. licencing or JV on event equities).
Event Development & Creation
- Define, create and implement the shows strategy for existing and new show growth
- Provide consultative services regarding audience growth to internal and external stakeholders at all levels to shape event strategy, programming and execution
- Identify prospects and growth opportunities across existing and new event platforms
- Working and collaborating across the Hearst Live sponsorship, marketing, event delivery and wider Hearst teams to create these new integrated Hearst Shows
- Effective leadership and empowerment of a team to deliver the show concepts
- Day to day leadership, goal setting, training and personnel development of the team
- Educate, enable and excite the shows team to continually strive to deliver excellence of delivery and experience for our show audiences
- Oversee supplier procurement, management and development to ensure Hearst are receiving best in class value and services
- Work alongside editorial teams to set and drive unique show content that is industry leading
- Work alongside sponsorship team to create and deliver sponsorship activations, including where necessary involvement in pitching process
Excellence in Live Shows & Events
- Proven experience in creating and delivering a portfolio of live shows and events, demonstrating attendance growth and robust financial results
- Understanding of trends, opportunities and challenges in deliver live shows
- Proven experience of continual improvement and development of the live shows & events that have been created
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the Hearst audiences, their challenges, passions and how to engage with the them through live shows and events
- Share understanding and learnings of audiences with wider Hearst Live and Hearst team. Specifically, in the live experience industry
- Experience of agency appointment and management
- Proven Management experience
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with multiple divisions within the Hearst group and across different client industries
- Openness to change and influencing diverse groups of people when developing client proposals and experiences
- Proven ability to work within a team culture, support and help team members when required
- Passionate about live experiences and complete belief in the power of live experiences
- Self-starter attitude, confident but not arrogant, self-belief and an always learning attitude