Event Operations Manager (Exhibitions & Shows)
Brilliant role with international travel for a talented Exhibition Operations Manager with experience in the operational delivery of large scale shows & exhibitions!
Leading events company who produce large scale B2B and B2C exhibitions and trade shows across the globe for a broad range of industry sectors.
Working within a large team this Exhibition Operations Manager role (reporting directly to the Head of Operations) is responsible for the operational delivery of multiple events each year in both the UK and overseas. The role will involve controlling all on site-related activity and infrastructures ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, achievement of deadlines, compliance with Health & Safety regulations and full budget control.
Events will be large high-profile 3-4 day exhibitions / trade shows with conference programme areas of circa 10 spaces (main theatre and several smaller seminar rooms) and 150+ exhibition stands.
Responsibilities will include:
- Exhibition & show operations
- Project planning & scheduling
- Approving stand designs
- Floorplans & exhibitor manuals
- SLA implementation & management
- Budget management & negotiation with suppliers
- H&S, Risk Assessments & Fire Risk Assessments
- Management of temporary staff (onsite & pre show)
- Regular liaison with contractors, suppliers & exhibitors
- On-site event / show management
- Post event reporting and analysis
This role will involve a considerable amount of travel (site inspections & venue/contractor meetings as well as on-site exhibition related organisation and operations) and will have staff management responsibilities (1 direct report).
This company are looking for a confident and out-going exhibitions industry professional (minimum of 4-5 years' solid experience in event operations and exhibitions) who is an incredibly organised and self-motivated individual with strong negotiation and decision-making skills. You'll need to be IOSH qualified, have prior knowledge of the exhibitions industry, major venues and key contractors and be able to read and understand technical floorplans and stand drawings.
Budget planning and budget management skills are essential as is Project Management (planning, scoping, scheduling and tracking) and you must have strong organisational and administrative skills, meticulous attention to detail and experience of having direct reports
You'll need to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and should be a confident team player with a creative and innovative approach.
From a personality point of view you'll need to be focused, enthusiastic and very customer service orientated as well as being patient and calm under pressure with the ability to adapt quickly and flexibly to changes.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional Exhibition Operations Manager (or an Event Operations Manager) with a strong exhibition and/or large trade or consumer show background and solid on-site operational delivery experience.
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now.
More jobs like this
- Event Project Management Conferences jobs in London (Greater)
- Event Project Management Events and Shows jobs in London (Greater)
- Event Project Management Event Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Event Project Management Exhibitions jobs in London (Greater)
- Event Project Management Live Events jobs in London (Greater)