Senior Event Manager
Summary of Role
The Senior Event Manager will be responsible for managing clients on a daily basis, taking briefs and running global event projects from conception to completion both individually and through management of the Events Team.
This role will focus both on managing all aspects of projects with constant client contact but also understanding and planning bigger picture campaign concepts – offering up strategically mapped out plans. In addition to working with the Senior Management Team, this role will entail managing and growing the Events Team alongside our Event Director, working with the Account Management Team, the Design studio and liaising/working with external suppliers and freelancers.
Who are we looking for?
We would like someone who is enthusiastic, driven and someone who has excellent organisational skills. The Senior Event Manager must have great communication and ‘people’ skills with exceptional attention to detail in everything they do. They must know how to nurture and empower the Events Team without micro-managing or losing oversight of projects.
You will be a strategic thinker as well as processing the ability to build ideas and develop concepts. You will be commercially observant, an inspirational character and a seasoned events person, having been involved in new pitch work and proposal writing.
Ideally, you will have experience across a breadth of events both within the corporate sector (internal and external audience) and wider experiential project background as we look to pursue more work in this area.
Agency-side experience is essential.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Utilise team around you to drive forward and deliver high quality projects, whilst maintaining clean project admin through timesheets and job management processes.
- Grow the events department, in terms of volume of work, billings and revenue, alongside other senior members.
- Liaise with Event Director, Business Services Director and Creative Director to update on projects and get input at key milestones.
- Maintain and run project team meetings where needed, engaging key departments and ensuring internal comms channels stay open throughout project.
- Work alongside the current accounts team to compliment their offering – by bringing event management skills across a wider brand experience remit.
- Work on projects ranging from corporate conferences, employee engagement events, roadshows, VIP events and gala dinners.
- Build and manage a strong creative relationship with the studio across design and editing – keeping abreast of bigger picture elements affecting workload and project timelines.
- Utilising through-the-line channels to ensure full activation of projects adding creative brand experience to basic corporate events.
- Create a trusting working relationship with both clients and suppliers from across the globe. Create briefs, status reports and summaries as needed on daily/weekly basis.
- Run detailed finance documents and reports, managing the process from budget creation, quoting, invoicing and reconciliation.
- Create pitch presentations and work with the team to develop new business proposals while offering strategic insight, creative input and ensuring ideas are grounded in research and a well thought out process. Managing resources to ensure proposals are completed on time and to exceptional standard.
- Ability to oversee whole campaigns with multiple projects whilst also doing day-to-day project management for individual jobs. .
- Organise and maintain archive of material collected and ensure it is distributed out as required.
- Maintain and create strong measurement/ feedback and ROI of activation plans and projects.
- Minimum 5-6 years experience working on global events across corporate clients. Dealing directly with mid/senior level clients.
- Preferably from an agency background.
- Healthy experience with events like management conferences, internal employee engagement events, sales and training conferences, themed events both in UK and in international locations.
- Know how to work with internal creative and external suppliers ranging from event production teams through to caterers, venues, entertainment and designers.
- Ability to run a number of projects from brief level through to completion – requires full management of budgets, concept creation and project planning.
- Experience working on high-level presentations and pitches – including strategic idea development and concept creation. Ability to present at senior level with confidence and engagement.
- Understanding of how to manage budgets both within a project setting and also within the bigger picture of the business.
- Representing Brand Brewery in a professional manner – must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with clients, suppliers and internal staff.
- Sufficient understanding of social media and communication channels required to maximize the reach of campaigns and assist on internal channels.
- Proficient working on a Mac
- Valid Passport
- Driving Licence