Event Director (Maternity Cover)
Summary of Role
The Event Director will be a leader and true events professional. You will have been there, done it and got the t-shirt printed for it. We need someone who has extensive client facing experience and management experience who can slot in with and lead our existing team of up and coming event all-stars. You will inspire, nuture and motivate the team to continue to deliver impeccable corporate events, exciting internal festivals and all in-between.
You will manage the Events Team, assign Project Leads to jobs and have an overview of all event management projects. All jobs will require some level of knowledge and involvement, whether as an advisory role – helping guide on best practice, strategic planning, creative development and issue management/ support role – picking up ad hoc tasks to help the team or as the lead Project Manager.
You will help ensure the job is successful throughout all stages by guiding and supporting the junior staff. This includes developing and adapting Brand Brewery’s company processes (internal and external facing) to help the team work at their most efficient capacity to achieve the highest results.
The Event Director should be communicative and easy to approach within the business – perceptive of the team, aware of both their workloads and general mood. They should support both on a project by project basis but also be there to help guide and develop the individuals alongside the Creative and Business Services Director.
They will also have HR, finance and company responsibilities (within reason), which are carried out alongside other members of the team/management (these are explained in more detail further on).
- Resource management experience - managing a team of event people of different levels, ensuring HR needs are met. Covering off reviews/ day-to-day management/ role development and holiday planning. This is in conjunction with the Creative & Business Services Director.
- Experience in event, design and activation projects – ‘know how’ to work with internal creative and external suppliers.
- Experience running and implementing efficient and numerous processes and project management tools/systems.
- Strong communication skills with clients, suppliers and the Brand Brewery team of all levels. Becoming the first point of contact as needed for projects – yet allowing the team below to own jobs and have exposure to the client as well.
- Experience working on presentations and pitches – with capability and knowledge in strategic idea development and concept creation.
- Extensive experience creating and managing budgets both within a project for the client and also within the bigger picture of the Brand Brewery business to help company forecasting.
Key Expectations of Role
Fully Manage/ Solely Responsible for:
- Create a strong relationship with both clients and suppliers. Maintaining communication on a regular basis – ensuring they are available both for positive assistance or problem solving.
- Ensure job list, all finance figures, time sheets and server are all up to date and correct by the project teams. Ensure all finance sheets are correct and reconciled - this should require cross-checking and overseeing – as all inputs should be made by the wider team.
- Keep Directors informed/review with them projects, job statuses and company business. Identifying key points, issues that need to be brought to their attention and also show clear knowledge about projects run by junior team members.
- Work closely with the studio, checking which jobs need to be carried out, when these are due and which designer will carry it out.
- Implement new and improved systems for both company and client requirements. Review templates/ procedures and processes on a regular basis to ensure Brand Brewery is delivering at the highest level.
Manage Events Team Members:
- Work alongside the event team members on projects in a supervising role, offer them support and guidance throughout. Ensure yourself and/or Creative Director are copied in on communication and aware of the projects.
- Bring the event team workload and any issues to the SLT meetings.
- On occasion be responsible for event, design and activation projects – both managing from conception to completion. Manage team members who are directly supporting you on the project.
- Make sure the team create wrap-up reports and case studies from events for both external and internal uses.
- Train and develop the junior staff to learn from yourself and others, creating a cohesive and knowledgeable Brand Brewery team. Where needed identify areas that require formal training or clear direction. Flag to SMT both positive performances and key weaknesses to ensure these can be reflected within reviews and on an ad hoc basis.
Work with SMT:
- Work alongside Creative Director, Managing Director and Business Services Director on company related topics. This includes company forecasting, HR, business development and best practice.
- As required, write job descriptions and help recruiting when needed.
- Lead the reviewing process by keeping up to date on review cycles, set objectives, KPI’s and writing reviews for all members of the team when directly managing.
Apply for Event Director (Maternity Cover)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly