A leading consumer exhibition organiser has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Sales Manager to lead the sales effort and build commercial growth for an established phenomenal live event focused on the outdoor sports industry, involving thousands of athletes and sports enthusiasts. You will be responsible for sales in sponsorship, trade stands and catering, including rebooking from previous events as well as finding new business. You will be able to create bespoke partnership opportunities for brands to participate in the event in a creative way. You will also come up with new revenue generating ideas and opportunities that will grow the sales revenue. For the right candidate there is a very real opportunity for rapid promotion to either Event Manager or to a bigger Sales Manager role, with sales responsibilities for more than one event.
The successful candidate will have experience of exhibition/events sales and a solid background of sales campaign management, able to work on your own initiative, be driven and outgoing and work as part of a successful, fun team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and eager sales person, where in return for your hard work and success, you will be joining a growing business with a UK wide presence, which offers good financial packages and benefits.
- Design and implement the sales campaign and communicate effectively to the rest of the team
- Achieve (and where possible exceed) revenue targets
- Use initiative to help develop revenue potential
- Create sponsorship proposals
- Organise and plan meetings with key contacts
- Successfully organise and attend all relevant industry and competitor show opportunities
- Manage all floor plans, contracts, the database, sales mailings, sales letters, bespoke proposals, sales reports, activity reports, features, and input into the strategy and content of the show
- Manage key accounts and work closely with operations and marketing to ensure that all key elements of sponsor agreements are implemented