Sales and Events Manager
A dynamic catering company based in South London is looking to recruit a Sales & Events Manager to be responsible from enquiry to event delivery of a portfolio of event catering clients, mainly around the London and Home Counties. You will be proactive in introducing new clients to the business as well as account managing of and communication with existing clients. You will have a thorough knowledge of event management and sales, including experience and knowledge of London venues and a solid understanding of how these venues operate, their capacities, advantages and disadvantages. You will be confident in price negotiation and have a clear understanding of margin and selling/up selling and have a keen interest in keeping up with current food and drink trends. You must have experience in either an agency, caterer, venue or in-house.
- Creating professional and well presented costings and menu proposals for clients, ensuring all allocated events are quoted and costed for accurately.
- Liaising with all departments including the kitchen, staffing and operations to ensure every aspect of an event is well prepared for.
- Working with the MD and Events Management Team to maximise revenue and profitability of events.
- Carrying out site inspections, risk assessments and all logistical aspects with venue including the planning of deliveries, event set up, build and preparation.
- Placing orders for all equipment, furniture, linen etc.
- Supporting Events Management Team in execution of events including briefing and management of staff.
- Actively maintaining and improving relationships with existing clients and developing new opportunities - both private and corporate.
- Targeting new venues and attend site visits to gain venue knowledge, create network opportunities and develop new business. Building relationships with venue managers and maintaining communication lines.
- Maintenance of website, ensuring content is up to date and running smoothly, liaising with web designers and SEO agency.
- Creating blog content and assisting with the management of social media pages.
- Maintenance and updates of all promotional marketing materials.
- Great staff management skills.
- An incredibly organised individual with lots of energy and a desire to work within a small but fast paced and exciting team.