Business Development Manager
Who are we
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic award-winning company. Raccoon is a creative brand production business with a passion for bringing ideas to life for big brands. Established in 1992, Raccoon has produced solutions for brands such as Jaguar Land Rover, adidas, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co, YouTube, Coca Cola London Eye and Gap to name a few.
The role and what you will bring
We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to work on growing our highly successful business. You will ideally have a retail, VM or events background, and have a solid understanding of the creative process, as this role is about selling the idea of ‘concept to delivery’ to our audience. With a strong design and production team supporting you, you will be responsible for selling and developing a solution that bridges the gap between their idea and reality.
The creative capabilities here at Raccoon include design services such as conceptualisation, 3D modelling and art-working which feeds our innovative and extensive production facility. We deliver large format printing, fabrication, finishing, structures and 3D solutions into markets such as retail, experiential, events, film/theatre and corporate.
You will therefore have knowledge of these aspects so that you can confidently engage our audience with our story and demonstrate how we can solve their challenges.
The Raccoon target audiences include brand owners, public attractions, retailers and creative agencies.
The close-knit team here at Raccoon would love to welcome a BDM to join us, and take us to the next level. We believe there is tremendous potential for the right person in what is not only a hardworking environment but a fun one too!
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and be self-motivated, with lots of passion. You will also be a strong communicator, and be warm and approachable. It’s likely you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
In addition to a background in creative services, you will also have a strong grounding in business development. We are looking for someone who is excellent at building relationships, and willing to spend time with prospects and clients in order to uncover their plans so we can partner with them at the earliest opportunity. There is a sales strategy in place which requires long term planning, and our BDM will be responsible for their proactive contribution.
Working closely with the leadership, sales and marketing teams your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively researching and harvesting new prospects, as part of our CRM strategy
- Proactive outbound activity to secure meetings with these prospects, and follow up
- Relationship building with existing clients to uncover opportunities for repeat business
- Face to face meetings to introduce the Raccoon brand and harness potential opportunities
- Securing a pipeline of ongoing profitable revenue
- Preparing quotations to support enquiries
- Qualifying, negotiating and closing sales opportunities
- Working closely with Marketing department to feedback insights that will ensure collateral and messaging resonates with the audience
- Support, prepare and deliver pitch presentations
- Take briefs and communicate to key team members for input where required
- Networking at events and trade shows
- Participate and lead at our own events
- Monitoring the media to learn about potential business opportunities
- Weekly reporting to Managing Director on pipeline progress
Your time would be split between the Raccoon HQ in Edenbridge, Kent and London.
Salary £30-35K plus commission (OTE £60K)
Please contact Richard Clark on 0800 043 4483
Strictly NO agencies please.