Senior Events Manager
Job Title Senior Events Manager
Reporting to Head of Events
Hours 35 hours per week
The Lord’s Taverners is the UK’s leading youth cricket and disability sports charity working alongside some of the highest profile celebrities from the world of sport and entertainment. We host large, fast paced and fun events predominantly in London, all of which have the same aim; having fun whilst raising essential funds for the Lord’s Taverners. If you have a passion for events, can manage relationships with high profile celebrities and stakeholders at all levels and want to make a considerable difference to the lives disadvantaged and disabled young people, then join our team.
You will report direct to the Head of Events, managing the Events Assistant and Events Executive. You will be assisting in developing the strategy, leading on a wide range of fundraising events, end to end event management, fundraising delivery, budget management, and event evaluation. You will have proven experience of managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders. You will be an enthusiastic team player and your passion and expertise in events management, excellent organisational skills and positive attitude will ensure you are a highly successful member of the team.
To be considered you must have the following skills and experience:
- 5 years experience in a similar role within an agency or charity environment.
- A strong understanding of how large scale events are produced and staged.
- Previous experience in complete end to end management of large events.
- A strong understanding of budgeting and financial management.
- Experience in event fundraising.
- A passion for relationship building.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders.
Main Purpose of the Role
To be part of a committed, passionate team that provides opportunities to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
The Lord’s Taverners has always been synonymous with high quality, professionally managed events – primarily lunches and dinners built around leading individuals from the sports and entertainment world. These events are designed to engage Members and supporters, to appeal to the broader corporate community, and are a mixture of fundraisers and more Member focussed get-togethers.
The role of the senior manager will be work closely with the rest of our team, our Members, and our beneficiaries, to continue to increase the quality, fun and appeal of our events to a broad cross section of our supporters and the wider community.
As a Senior Event Manager you will report to the Head of Events. Your prime responsibility will be end to end management of major fundraising events on behalf of the organisation. Key aspects included in the role:
- Event planning, budgeting and evaluation.
- Supplier management including venue negotiations, speakers, production, catering and other key suppliers to the event.
- Risk assessment, including health and safety, staff briefings, and management of access issues.
- Sponsor liaison.
- Overseeing ticket administration including: order processing, invoicing, credit control.
- Close management of running orders, speakers, scripts, beneficiaries, toastmasters, volunteers and others involved in the event.
- Marketing and other collateral for the event, including raffles, auction, silent auction, menus, brochures, and advertising and promotional materials prior to and at the event.
- Post event management including data gathering, prize fulfilment, and acknowledgements to donors and supporters.
As a Senior Member of the Events team you would be expected to:
- Suggest, promote, and develop new events concepts into the events programme, including new formats, speakers, venues and fundraising methodologies.
- Co-coordinate the work of the Events Team as a whole, managing the Events Executives and Events Assistant.
- Create and discuss fundraising concepts for events.
- Work closely with the rest of the executive team, and with key stakeholders, on the development and planning of fundraising events.
- Make recommendations for improvements across all aspects of our events cycle, and also into the broader fundraising and operations of the business where appropriate.
Liaise closely with all members of the executive team, including celebrity co-ordinator, fundraising, marketing, charitable programmes, membership and finance, on relevant aspects of event delivery and management.