A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Event Coordinator to lead the operations for a series of events at Haymarket Business Media within the professional associations team.
Delivering a wide range of events and workshops for a prestigious client, the Senior Event Coordinator will be adept at matching event delivery to client objectives and commercial opportunities.
Accountable for operational budgets the candidate needs to excel at budgeting, forecasting and negotiating with suppliers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious event professional to lead on events while gaining experience from working within a large team that deliver a diverse portfolio of events including large exhibitions and conferences.
Ultimately responsible for the overall operational delivery of events that exceed expectations of our professional association client. The successful candidate will pride themselves on running a professional series of events to an exceptionally high standard while working with the Events and Exhibitions Manager to grow and maximise the potential of the portfolio.
The Senior Event Coordinator will ensure best use of resource across the broad portfolio and lead from the front by maintaining operational control of their events and workshops.
• Accountability for operations and delivery of all aspects of allocated events pre, during and post event
• Managing the operational budget for allocated events providing regular forecasts to the Events and Exhibitions Manager
• Developing an understanding of the client’s objectives and ensure event delivery is aligned to these
• Regular client reporting and meetings
• Ensuring all events are delivered on time and within budget and to a very high standard
• Negotiating with all key suppliers and venues
• On-site coordination of events and management of suppliers, preferred partners, personnel and freelancers at events
• Ensuring compliance with all company and client policies and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety, privacy and security
• Understanding the company vision and values, and apply their principles at all times
Specific responsibilities for each event include:
• Managing speakers from the time the event programme is completed right through to post-event
• Ensuring best delegate experience from customer service pre-event to onsite management from registration to post-event feedback
• Providing AV and production suppliers with event brief so that staging and AV can be designed and agreed and ensure that everything is on brand, all sponsorship is profiled correctly and the event requirements are met
• Working closely with the sales team to create and provide opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors
• Liaising with the venue to ensure that all set up, catering, numbers and accommodation are as required and in line with the budget spend
• Cost management and reporting to ensure all working forecast files are recorded and updated live and that all opportunities to reduce costs are taken
• Raising purchase orders, processing invoices and payments in line with payment terms
• Overall responsibility of on the day management and operational delivery of each event. Provide onsite staff with event information and roles and responsibilities
• Post event review of feedback and recommendation of improvements for future events
• Carrying out additional tasks as requested to support the growth of events with HBM, which may not be specified in your job description
• Experience in B2B event operations with overall event delivery responsibility
• Budgeting experience essential and overall P&L responsibility an advantage
• Meticulous attention to detail, a creative eye and the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads whilst maintaining attention to detail and meeting agreed deadlines
• Sound negotiating and influencing skills
• Remains calm and professional under pressure
• Ability to travel