SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
If you have a passion for live music and want to work in a fun environment where no day is ever the same - one day you might be thinking of ideas for an 80’s tour in Europe and next you’re backstage at a festival - then R&R have a great opportunity to really make a difference as part of our expanding team!
R&R are a team of people who LOVE LIVE MUSIC! Every day we book the UK’s top session musicians, artists and musical acts into fabulous corporate parties, festivals and events all over the world. Over the years we have built a strong reputation in our sector for only having the best bands, DJs and artists in the business and with our extensive knowledge of live music performance we offer advice and support to make sure all our clients get an incredible live music experience.
This role is for an enthusiastic, ambitious and experienced industry professional to join our team and help grow the business to the next level.
With full support from the Managing Director and Creative Director, the Sales/Business Development Manager will take overall responsibility for the strategic focus, growth, sales performance and day to day management of R&R’s team.
The person we’re looking for will have an agency or event background and come with excellent industry knowledge. They’ll be able to confidently communicate our services and offering to clients and get them over the line. We’re therefore looking for a natural and confident communicator and someone who lives to our values of exciting, engaging and exceptional.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Driving sales and finding new business opportunities
- Help maintain existing business with current clients, grow business relationships with current clients and assist in bringing new clients on board
- Working with the Managing Director on new business pitches
- Work with the team to help create and develop new exclusive acts and services
- Researching new potential opportunities and territories for R&R and their exclusive bands
- Attend key events to develop relationships with clients and musicians and ensure our high standards of quality
- Work with the Managing Director and Marketing Executive on marketing ideas to drive sales and grow our brand
- Report to the Managing Director on performance of the team and company, with a focus on booking numbers/enquiry conversion rates
- Be aware of and proactively seek other new business opportunities which will help achieve R&R’s growth plans and achieve the team’s sales target
- Provide support, guidance and training to junior members of the team, setting objectives and key results and running appraisals on a six-monthly basis
- Managing the team, ensuring their efficient output and ensuring a high level of quality and customer service is always achieved.
- Ensure the team are fully engaged with company systems & processes at all times.
- Challenge ways of working to ensure improvements and efficiencies are made where possible
- Act as an ambassador of and a credit to the company at all times
What we’re Looking for:
Our strapline is ‘exciting, engaging, exceptional’ and we want every interaction with our agency to feel like we’re living to those values. We are proud of our team and we want you to be proud to work for us. The kind of person we are looking for is:
- Enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated with a positive and ‘yes we can!’ attitude.
- Confident, outgoing - a real ‘people person’ who is a great communicator and great at building strong relationships with clients, musicians and suppliers alike.
- Passionate and dedicated to achieving the highest standards in everything they do.
- Eager to learn and stay up-to-date with advances in the live music and events industry
- Proactive - able to use their own initiative, ask questions and create solutions
- Great at working independently but also an excellent team player.
- A seasoned sales performer who can convert interest and enthusiasm into bookings and new client relationships.
- Possess a strong knowledge and passion for the entertainment industry
- Willingness to work beyond conventional/contracted hours, attend/embrace networking opportunities and key events
- Loves a challenge!
You should also love dogs - Charlie is our office dog and an essential part of the R&R team!
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Pro-active and engaged in the industry
- IT Literate (Microsoft, G Suite and project management software packages)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales-led role, gained working in a creative events/entertainment agency environment
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career, as part of the senior management team of the business, you will have direct input into the direction and growth of the business. It would suit an ambitious and motivated individual who thrives in a flexible, fast paced and creative environment.
Location: Nottingham City Centre.
Salary: Depending on experience + excellent benefits
Closing date for applications: 16th March 2018.
Please send your CV and a short paragraph on why you’d like to work with us to email@example.com
Apply for SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly