Senior Events Officer
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At The Scout Association we are currently looking for a Senior Events Officer to join team in Gilwell Park, Essex (regular travel involved). You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week (frequent evenings & weekends). You will receive a competitive salary of £32,439 per annum plus fantastic benefits.
About the Senior Events Officer role
The purpose of this role is to manage and support the organisation and delivery of a number of national events and contingents/delegations to international events. This includes (but not exclusively) national events such as: the National Day of Celebration and Achievement; the annual Thanksgiving celebration; the Silver Wolf holders event; Founders Day and National Scout Conference; and UK Contingents to events such as the World Scout Jamboree, World Scout Moot and Roverway.
This role will also include providing some ad-hoc advice and guidance to both Association staff and volunteers regarding event management.
What we’re looking for in our Senior Events Officer
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (D)
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of event management
- Knowledge of working with volunteers
- Excellent event management experience and organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative especially when problem solving or under pressure
- Able to effectively work as part of a team and take the lead when required including building and maintaining effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate at all levels with senior volunteers, staff and stakeholders
- Ability to recognise and change inefficiencies in processes
- Able to prioritise effectively and multi-task across a number of complex events
- Experience of managing budgets
- Willing to work unsocial hours as required
- Good eye for detail, accurate and meticulous
- Flexible approach to work and takes a proactive approach to self-development and performance improvement
- Mentoring approach to supporting the further development of colleagues
- Highly approachable with a willingness to support where necessary
What we can offer you as our Senior Events Officer
- Free parking
-Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
We work and volunteer in a diverse range of communities and one of our aims is to ensure that Scouting is reflective of the communities which it serves. We have a vision and strategy to take Scouting forward to 2023 and the Regional Services Team within which you will be based, plays a vital role in achieving that vision by supporting the opening of new Scouting provisions as well as key leadership and management support for our volunteer managers.
So if you would like to join the team as our new Senior Events Officer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Details of closing and Interview date
Closing Date: Wednesday 14 March 2018 at 12 pm
Interview Date: TBC
The Scout Association aims to be an equal opportunities employer.