Interim Head of Events (B2B conferences & events)
7 month contract heading up the Events & Sponsorship team of a high profile educational membership association - great opportunity for a commercially focused Head of Events / Senior Event Manager with solid conference experience!
Commercial subsidiary of a high-profile, educational membership association who provide event management, executive recruitment, consultancy and training services to the association's members.
Reporting to the MD and managing a team of 6 events & sponsorship staff this interim Head of Events & Sponsorship role will see you holding the fort for a 7 month period (April through until the end of October 2018) in terms of managing the events team and the delivery of the events and conference programme. Events will include roadshows, training events, workshops, conferences and gala dinners and the team do everything from conception to evaluation including client management, programme design, speaker sourcing & management, marketing, sponsorship sales & management, income generation, financial management, event logistics, on-site management and post-event analysis.
Responsibilities for this role will include:-
- Full strategic and operational management associated with the design and delivery of high quality events including staff management and development
- Planning the content of the events profile with Events Producer and policy colleagues to achieve high quality events programme and meet financial targets
- Leading and managing the sponsorship team to achieve the successful planning and execution of the commercial sales process in order to achieve annual targets for sponsorship and exhibition
- Collaborating with all departments to ensure cross-selling opportunities are identified & maximised
- Business development to sustain and grow the events division including bidding for external event management work and achieving financial targets
You will have a proven background in leading / heading up an events division and solid experience in the end-to-end event management and strategic development of a range of B2B conferences & events within a commercial environment. You must be a strong all-rounder with experience of staff management and allocation of workload & resourcing, working with a range of internal & external stakeholder including members and committees, financial management & income generation, event sponsorship and setting targets for sales teams along with good knowledge of event programming, content & topic, marketing, client liaison, income generation, budgeting, design & production of event collateral, delegate registration, event logistics & operations, on-site event management and post event analysis.
The ability to work and thrive in a target-driven environment is essential as is a can-do attitude with a high level of personal motivation and stamina.
If you have a proven track record as a Senior Events professional / Head of Department and are looking for a new and exciting 7 month contract with a highly regarded organisation then this could be a brilliant position to secure!
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now.
Apply for Interim Head of Events (B2B conferences & events)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly