Events & Operations Manager
Events and Operations Manager - 12 month maternity cover
Scale 5 +anti social hours, Starting Salary - £29,504
Responsible for Guildhall Events Operational Team (Event Managers, Duty Managers, Guildhall Facility Assistants, Casual Staff)
Key Objectives: To manage day to day building and event operations of the Guildhall, ensuring a seamless service for customers.
- Customer Service
- To act as one of the main Guildhall contacts for customers, colleagues and suppliers from the first point of enquiry to the day of the event and for post-event queries.
- To make effective use of the computerised booking system, working with the Sales & Marketing Manager on customer bookings and enquiries.
- To lead on the logistical and operational aspects of customer bookings, and ensure these are met fully and efficiently on the day of the event.
- A key player in the day to day selling of the venue its facilities and services, ensuring all event duties are completed in a timely organised manner and ensure members of the Event Management team follow best practice in all they do.
- To actively support the Sales & Marketing team in the marketing and promoting of the venue for all events and market segments.
- To ensure that client expectations are met and exceeded in all provisions including catering services, preferred supplier contractors and guildhall team members.
- To manage the Event Managers, Duty Managers, Guildhall Facilities Assistant Team and casual and agency staff team, ensuring that they are effectively deployed, according to the season and needs of the business, effectively operating the Guildhall and Abbey House.
- To deputise for the Guildhall General Manager, the Sales & Marketing Manager and the Catering & Bar Manager as required.
- To create and uphold weekly venue rotas for staff in line with levels of business and rolling rotation system.
- Management, recruitment and training planning for all casual staff and any agency staff that work on behalf of the Guildhall.
- To input into and then implement Guildhall staff with handbooks and training manuals.
- To actively develop all members of the team to achieve their best possible potential.
- Undertake performance reviews and appraisals for Event Duty Managers and Guildhall & Facilities Assistants in line with the Winchester City Council Policy.
- To hold regular operations team meetings (Catering, Event Assistants and Duty Managers) and record minutes / actions required.
- To take charge of and have full responsibility for all operational requirements of the building in regards to fixtures and fittings, furnishings and all event based logistics.
- To support the Guildhall General Manager by overseeing the day to day running of the building, including the Security, Cleaning and Maintenance.
- Incorporate strategic operational planning as required.
- To oversea the day to day operation of the preferred list of event suppliers, ensuring all contracted criteria is met on all occasions.
- To manage and work to budgets assigned by the Guildhall General Manager referring to staffing and furnishings.
- To assist with client bookings in terms of booking procedures in a timely and effective manner using the WCC booking and financial system.
- Where required, to assist in stock taking, inventories and production of orders for authorization including equipment, food and beverage and consumable stocks.
- To support the Catering services manager in the provision and delivery of eighteen71, function catering and room refreshment
- To assist in the operation of the Catering department, and the Sales and Marketing department in the absence of department managers.
- To report to the Guildhall General Manager of any matters relating to building servicing, general maintenance and major repairs of fixtures and fittings.
- To make full and effective use of the computerised bookings system to enable the efficient production of business summaries and related event specific paperwork.
- To manage and supervise the correct setting up and management of events.
- To compile and maintain Guildhall statistics and produce reports as required.
- On behalf of the Guildhall General Manager, ensure full compliance is met with licensing, fire, health and safety regulations, to carry out risk assessments and produce safety and emergency plans as required, and brief casual staff and customers on relevant procedures.
- To act as key-holder on a 24-hour call-out basis.
- To support the implementation of the Guildhall Business Plan and Business & Marketing Plan.
- To consider at all times ways of improving the services offered by the Guildhall, and relay these to the Guildhall General Manager.
- To carry out any other duties within the level of responsibility of the post as requested by the Guildhall General Manager or Facilities Manager.
Features of the Post
- The post-holder is expected to work on a seven day rota basis, agreed monthly with the Guildhall General Manager. It is expected that hours should be utilized for the pre-planning of events involving both hands-on and admin day to day duties of the building, however it would be expected that the post holder should be in attendance for particular evening and weekend events to ensure a smooth and efficient service is met and standards and upheld.
- To have had previous training and hold certificates in gaining a personal license, first aid, door supervising or Health & Safety is desirable.
- The post holder maybe expected to cover for their staff in the event of sickness or absence.