Head of Business Travel & Events (B2B - Int organisation)
Super permanent role for a Senior Travel Management professional with experience of complex business travel (flights, visas, travel insurance & TMC management) as well as good B2B conference & events management skills!
Large global membership organisation (transportation sector) who have an expert in-house Travel & Events team to organise all their Business Travel Management & Events (these include high profile international meetings, conferences, congresses and Executive Board events).
Reporting in to the Global Administrative Leadership team, this Head Travel & Events role will see you heading up the Business Travel & Events Department managing a team of 4 events & travel staff.
Your key responsibility will be to oversee the business travel management and events for this highly regarded global membership organisation. Your role will include strategically heading up the business travel division and the events/congress department and all associated budgeting & financial management as well as supplier negotiation & contracting (Travel Management Companies, hotels, interpretation suppliers), systems & processes, end-to-end conference/event management (with very complex logistics) and advising the wider organisation on all their travel & accommodation needs.
This is a senior level role and the key responsibilities are:-
- Heading up the business travel & events division for the organisation
- Business travel management (travel management advice, TMC negotiation, contracting)
- B2B events and conference management
- Team leadership and staff management including appraisals
- Management of sponsorship & partnerships
- Supplier purchasing, negotiation of rates and travel management company contract
- Management and oversight of individual & collective travel (flights, visas, immunisations, travel insurance, risk management, security, accommodation & hotel block booking)
- Financial forecasting and budget management
- Planning, implementing & supervision of additional event resources
- Management of additional event services (interpreters, AV & production etc..)
- Act as the organisation's advisor on all matters relating to events & event related travel
NB: This role is 60% business travel management orientated - the remaining 40% of the workload is events/congress management and leading the team - however there will a lot of travel involved.
You'll be a senior level professional with extensive business travel management knowledge and the diplomacy, confidence and gravitas to liaise effectively with senior level executives as well as sponsors and partners. You'll have a proven background of heading up a department and managing a team of staff, experience of organising B2B international events, conferences & congresses (budgets circa £1M) and most importantly considerable experience of handling 3* business travel for an organisation (including flights, visas, travel insurance, risk management, immunisations, hotel block booking etc). You'll also be a good relationship builder and have significant experience of supplier purchasing, negotiation and contract management especially with regard to Travel Management Companies, hotels and interpretation suppliers.
Excellent written and spoken English is essential and knowledge of other languages is advantageous but not crucial. You should also be willing to travel extensively with the job and an interest and commitment to human rights and social justice would be advantageous.
This is a fantastic position for a top-level senior business travel management & events professional (Head of / Director of Travel Management, Senior Travel & Events Manager, Conference Manager) who can bring to the table substantial experience of complex business travel (flights/transfers/visas/travel insurance etc..) and accommodation / hotel contract management as well as a background in the organising of association-based conferences and events.
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now.