Meeting Planner - Venue Sourcing
The Meeting Planner is responsible for ensuring top level delivery of venue finding requirements for identified client accounts and to be a trusted advisor to all clients within this specialist area. As a Senior Meeting planner, a highly efficient and excellent quality of delivery to each project managed is required as well as a can do attitude.
In addition, the Meeting Planner is expected to forge and develop excellent relationships across all levels of the M&E business imparting best in class market knowledge of meeting facilities and providers and thus supporting clients key objectives in meeting arranging as well as driving income levels into the business at every opportunity, reducing cancellation levels significantly and encouraging other team members to do the same.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To maximise client revenue through up selling and promotion of the company’s services in all areas of the M&E Business
- To be continually aware of the departmental targets in conjunction with the management team
- Be fully engaged towards driving client income and ability to reduce cancellations at all times
- To ensure cancellations are managed in line with the company’s standards and procedures
- To maximise all income opportunities and to be actively aware of commission rates, preferred partners securing and negotiating enhanced levels wherever possible.
- Client Activity:
- To undertake face to face meetings with clients as and when required to do so
- Work alongside Account Management team to understand client accounts worked on and 100% top level delivery
- For allocated client accounts, to immerse yourself in allocated client brand and culture through understanding of their market place and competitor landscape
- To support the rest of the M&E business pillars by providing them with new and existing leads within client account.
- To coordinate venue visits for the client and where necessary arrange for you to accompany them
- Operational Activity:
- To ensure all incoming calls and written communication are actioned promptly, efficiently and dealt with in an appropriate manner responding to the business and client needs and within given SLA’s
- To co-ordinate and reserve meeting facilities negotiating on the client’s behalf using agree rate caps and CWT/Client preferred venues to achieve the best rates and commission.
- To undertake any other duties or responsibilities that may reasonably be expected within the terms of the role as assigned by your Team Leader or Operations Manager
- To attend all meetings both internal and external that are deemed relevant, participating and contributing as necessary.
The successful candidate will have significant experience within the M&E, Venue Find or equivalent industry along with exceptional communication skills both verbally as well as written. You will be confident in dealing with key stakeholders both internally as well as externally.
Finally, you must be an accomplished and confident negotiator, a strong multi-tasker who works well under pressure and can easily deal with short lead requests within SLA's. A creative open mind and the willingness to adapt is also essential. Strong IT skills essential, additional language skills desirable.