Our client is looking to recruit an Events Administrator to join their small team delivering medical courses and conferences.
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
Location: Hammersmith Hospital, London
Our client is a charity that funds research into women’s and reproductive health. It has a close association with Imperial College London. The Symposium Office is the educational arm of the organisation and organises around 16 courses and conferences per year. These courses are largely focused on the health of women and children, helping doctors and allied health professionals stay abreast of the latest developments and best clinical practice.
The Events Administrator will take main responsibility for delegate liaison. Duties include keeping the database up to date, processing course registrations, dealing with course payments, answering queries, sending receipts and certificates, preparing badges and attending the first day of each course to register delegates. The role may suit a newly-qualified graduate wishing to gain experience in events management.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Registering delegates for courses and ensuring payments are correctly logged.
- Answering any questions delegates may have about a course and their registration, or about previous courses attended or payments made, either by phone or email.
- Dealing with the cancellation of places and processing refunds.
- Reconciling payments received with the database entries and online payment system.
- Liaising with delegates regarding upcoming courses.
- On a course day, arriving on site at least an hour before the start of registration (generally by 08:00) to prepare for delegate registration.
- Providing ad hoc support to other team members in relation to the marketing and organisation of courses.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High level of organisation and efficiency
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Polite and pleasant telephone manner
- "can do" attitude - no request is too much trouble
- Team player - willingness to turn your hand to anything to help the rest of the team
- Good standard of numeracy
- Willingness to work unsocial hours when required
Closing date: Monday 14 May, 5pm
Interviews: Week beginning 21 May
Start Date: June 2018
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to our client.
No agencies please.