Manager M.I.C.E – UK & Ireland
Job Title: Manager M.I.C.E – UK & Ireland
Base Location: Malta Tourist Office – London (MTA)
Basis: Full time appointment
Reports to: Director UK & Ireland
Being part of the National Convention Bureau “Conventions Malta”, the Manager M.I.C.E – UK & Ireland is responsible for successfully marketing and selling the Maltese Islands as a sustainable destination for Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Events (MICE) to meetings planners in UK and Ireland.
About the role:
- To set a yearly sales & marketing plan for each country and ensure delivery
- To recommend, plan and manage the MICE budget set for each market
- To set up a strong business development strategy and generate business leads for Maltese trade partners
- To build a wide network of meetings planners by attending relevant M.I.C.E specialised Forums & Workshops, major M.I.C.E trade exhibitions as well as roadshows and networking events, both in the UK and abroad
- To build relationships with key players of the Meetings and Event industry and develop destination awareness
- To build excellent working relations with the M.I.C.E industry in Malta to understand and help promote their business interests
- To coordinate and attend familiarisation trips in Malta, partnering with the local trade
- To approach major Event Agencies and organise sales appointments and destination presentations for the teams
- To target, market and sell to international associations to develop the Association Market in the Maltese Islands
- To assist and answer direct enquiries coming from existing or potential clients
- To continue expanding the potential client database in and communicate / get exposure via e-marketing activities and regular newsletters
- To work closely with our advertising and PR agencies to set up and deliver cost effective advertising and PR campaigns in M.I.C.E specialised press and media, printed and online
- Overseeing the organisation of the MTA’s attendance at World Travel Market in co-ordination with the team in Malta and any supporting human resources
- To advise the Director UK & Ireland and Head of Conventions Malta on developments that might affect the central business strategy
Based in the London office, there will be a need to travel within the UK and Ireland and occasionally to Malta or other international destinations.
There will be a requirement to work on weekends on a periodic basis, so as to attend fairs or to participate in events relating to marketing communications /M.I.C.E activities. Lieu days may be claimed against these circumstances
The MTA is a Maltese government agency which operates under the Ministry of Tourism
Conventions Malta was the winner of the Gold Award in the category of Best Overseas Convention Bureau at the M&IT Industry Awards in 2017 and 2018
The Malta Tourism Authority was the winner of the Tourist Board of the Year in the TTG Travel Industry Awards in 2016 and 2017 (2018 has not yet been announced)
The MTA’s marketing communications and fairs budget is currently in excess of £3.5 million per annum, with a
MICE dedicated sales and marketing budget of £133,400 in UK & Ireland. Budgets will vary from year to year.
This job description does not form part of the employee’s contract of employment but is provided for guidance.
The precise duties and responsibilities of any job may vary over time. Job holders will be consulted over any proposed changes to this job description before implementation
**Applicants must apply with their CV and covering letter stating their salary expectations and justification**