Event Services Manager (maternity cover)
Alexandra Palace is the iconic north London venue that offers you everything you need for an extraordinary event or great day out with the benefit of some of the best panoramic views of London.
The Event Services Manager (maternity cover) sits within the Events team and coordinates key contractors and suppliers critical to operational delivery. This role also provides administrative assistance to the department.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role in an events environment and be used to liaising and negotiating with suppliers and contractors. Organisation and the ability to work to tight deadlines are essential as is a proactive and flexible approach.
This is a full time, fixed term position to cover a period of maternity leave.
Please note this is not and Event Manager role.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Oversee cleaning contractors liaising with suppliers and monitoring performance against service level agreements (SLAs). This involves acting as the point of contact between the venue and contractor(s), identifying a periodical cleaning programme to uphold site presentation, and undertaking waste management initiatives - 20%
- Coordinate site wide cleaning operations to support the smooth turnaround of events - 20%
- Schedule the installation of event signage across the site - 20%
- Assist senior management with projects in support of the department's business objectives, for example policy development around storage and site improvement - 15%
- Deputise for the Venue Operations Manager in their absence - 10%
- Receive and process all orders relating to temporary power for exhibition stands - 5%
- Provide administrative support to the Event Managers assisting in compiling compliance paperwork for events - 5%
- Carry out financial administration for relevant suppliers including raising purchase orders and reconciling invoices - 5%
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent with a C or above in English and Maths
- Experience in an events environment in a similar role
- Experience overseeing contractors and suppliers
- Contract management experience
- Experience of monitoring budgets
- Strong administrative experience including financial administration and project support
- Excellent organisation and time management
- methodical approach
- Excellent communicator with the ability to give clear instructions
- IOSH / NEBOS qualification
- Experience of running a number of contracts concurrently
- Experience line managing a team and directing the work of others
- Experience developing policies and procedures in line with best practice
- Knowledge of Alexandra Palace's operations and events
- Knowledge of staffing requirements to set up, turn and break down events
This is not an exhaustive list. Please see the JOB PACK for further details.
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role