Are you a Conference Producer looking to work on high-profile and established professional conferences?
Do you enjoy learning new topics, researching, writing agendas and sourcing the best conference speakers?
Are you commercially-driven, with a flair for identifying audience needs and matching them with great content?
Are you passionate about people management and want to champion better work and working lives?
The Professional Association Team at Haymarket Media Group is renowned for working with high-profile professional associations to produce quality events, featuring the very best content and speakers, that respond to the specific needs of professional audiences. Since September 2017, Haymarket has worked closely with the CIPD - the professional body for HR and people development - to design and deliver their highest-profile UK conferences and exhibitions.
We have an opportunity for a Conference Producer with commercial experience, to join the CIPD Events team, as part of the wider Professional Association team. You will play a key role in developing the content and driving the profitability of allocated CIPD’s national conferences, to ensure they remain leading edge and meet the changing needs of our growing customer base.
The role will focus on content research, identifying target audiences and sponsors, programme writing and speaker acquisition. The successful candidate will report into the Conference Production Manager and will be responsible for a series of allocated events within our commercial portfolio. The role will also involve working within a team of high-performing producers to jointly design the programmes of our esteemed CIPD Annual Conference and the new exciting CIPD Festival of Work.
- Carry out high-quality desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews with HR and L&D professionals
- Identify high-priority topics, leading organisations and potential speakers
- Identify target audience segments and potential sponsors for each topic and conference
- Develop leading-edge conference agendas that respond to the needs of audience and sponsors
- Source, test, recruit and brief high-calibre speakers to deliver the talks and case studies
- Lead the event project team by supporting and advising operations, marketing and sales
- Assist the marketing team to identify compelling messaging and ensure communications are accurate
- Assist the sponsorship team to ensure suitable sponsors are identified and targeted appropriately
- Work closely with the event operations team to ensure operational requirements of the events are met
- Develop informal networks with practitioners to act as topic advisers and/or future speakers
- Work with stakeholders to ensure programmes align to CIPD priorities while meeting commercial targets
Attitude, skills and experience
- At least one year experience in a commercial Conference Producer role - experience in HR and L&D topics advantageous but not essential
- Experience in conducting in-depth desk research, phone and face-to-face interviews with senior professionals to identify high-priority conference topics
- Experience in identifying and segmenting key target audiences and potential commercial partners
- Experience in developing, writing and editing commercial conference agendas
- Experience in identifying, inviting, sourcing and briefing high-level conference speakers
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and informal networks
- Highly-developed writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and work across teams to ensure the success of the event
- The ability to prioritise, work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team of conference producers on joint projects
- Knowledge or interest in HR and L&D topics and understanding of the professional development sector
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a professional and can-do attitude
Other things to know
- We are based in Twickenham, which is a quick 20 minutes from central London, and easy access from Surrey
- We work a 35 hour, full time week, with the option of Flexible Working hours
- We support a friendly, creative and collaborative culture, reflected in our new, flexible open-plan work environment
- Benefits including Pension, 25 days Holiday, rising by 1 day per year up to 30 days, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan/Private Medical Insurance, Voluntary benefits such as Childcare vouchers, Ride to Work, Interest free travel loans and lifestyle rewards and discounts.