Conference & Events Coordinator
3 days left
- Job Role
Conference & Events Coordinator
Conferences & Events
Starting Salary Range: from £24,480 to £26,520 dependent on skills and experience
Hours: 35 hours
Contract type: Permanent
Vacancy Reference: RC18/71/CON
We are looking for two motivated, and creative individuals to join our Conference and Events team and be a part of our busy, friendly team who ensure the smooth running of events within our University.
This is a particularly exciting opportunity if you are interested in a career within the catering and events industry, as you will be providing valuable support to the team with day-to-day tasks, whilst gaining an understanding of the running of a busy conference and events department.
You will be responsible for client relationship management and handling new enquiries with a view to increasing overall sales for Regent’s Conferences & Events Ltd. The coordinators are expected to provide an efficient and effective service to external clients, increasing conversion rates, maintaining current business and maximising levels of customer service.
You will have some responsibility for administrative activities, such as invoicing, and will need to demonstrate a positive and hands-on approach. All members of the team input into the marketing strategy and assist in the implementation through networking and attending trade shows and other industry events.
Some of the duties you will be involved with are:
- Answering telephone enquiries and recording any actions required onto our conferences database
- Sending out quotations and contracts to clients relating to their bookings
- Assisting with the running of large events such as conferences and wedding receptions
- Posting information and updates onto our Social Media sites
This opportunity calls for a flexible, organised and customer focussed individual, who enjoys working as part of a team. Ideally you will have a hospitality or business focused qualification, experience within the conferencing and events industry, or the motivation and desire to pursue a career in this industry.
Skills and experience required
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Experience within the Conference & Events industry
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel etc.)
- Knowledge of a conference booking system
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish rapport and liaise effectively with clients and colleagues
- Ability to use own initiative and prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work towards deadlines and set targets
Regent’s University London is London’s only independent, not-for-profit university, with a highly cosmopolitan community based in royal Regent’s Park and Marylebone. We have just under 4,000 students on campus, representing some 140 different nationalities.
Regent’s offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Business & Management; Fashion & Design; Film, Media & Performance; Liberal Arts & Humanities; Politics & International Relations, and Psychotherapy & Psychology.
We are a small, friendly and supportive University offering great benefits for our staff including:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and additional discretionary closure days over the Christmas period
- Excellent private pension scheme with options of a 7 - 10% employer contribution
- Season ticket loans for travel
- Free language classes (free places are subject to availability)
- Health care benefits via Westfield Health
How to apply
Please visit our website www.regents.ac.uk/jobs.aspx to view further details and to apply online. Within your application, please provide a statement stating why you are suitable for the role, making reference to your skills and experience against the Person Specification.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
Closing date: Midday, Thursday 21 June 2018
Selection Date(s): Monday 2 July 2018
Regent’s University London are an Equal Opportunities employer.