Event Director / Head of Events (Policy Briefings & Summits)
Superb permanent opportunity for a commercially focused Head of Events / Event Director with a proven background of leading a profitable conference/events/summits division and portfolio!
Niche commercial conferencing company (part of a large and well-established organisation providing unrivalled insight and intelligence across the spheres of politics, public policy and public affairs). This commercial conferencing company with stunning offices in the heart of London have a large events team that produce top-level and hugely well attended policy briefings and summits across London and further afield nationwide.
Reporting to the MD and managing a team of 7 event project management & conference production staff, this Policy Briefings & Summits Director role will see you take ownership of this already successful portfolio & event division and driving it forward to the next level of commercial success.
- Heading up the Policy Briefings & Summits events division & portfolio
- Strategic management and commercial development & growth of the portfolio
- Team leadership and staff management (including work allocation, staff development appraisals, KPIs etc)
- Management of all event processes, systems and departmental operations
- Senior level event planning and operational delivery
- Strategic development & planning of sponsorship & partnerships and speaker opportunities
- Market development working with event staff to develop new agendas, topics & content
- Overseeing of marketing & communications plan for the portfolio
- Financial forecasting & budget management (with P&L accountability)
You'll be an experienced and strategically operating Senior B2B Events professional who can own the events strategy and the events offering, provide strong leadership and development of a team, oversee the operational delivery of events and drive forward and grow an events portfolio.
You'll be comfortable operating in the politics, public policy and government space and will be a proven leader with a track record of growth and success in the pay-to-attend event market and be someone who can hit/exceed annual targets and maximise revenue and company profit overall.
You'll have a minimum of 7 years' related experience (3 years' experience of managing an events division/portfolio) and be a commercially focused person who has worked extensively within the income generating / commercial conferencing / publishing space.
Good staff leadership, event strategy, end to end event management, managing P&L and stakeholder engagement experience is essential along with a good understanding of conference production / content generation (although you don't need to be a conference producer per se).
If you have a proven track record as a Senior Events professional / Head of Department and are looking for a new and exciting permanent role working in politics and public policy with a highly regarded organisation then this could be a brilliant position to secure!
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now.