Event Duty Manager
Alexandra Palace is the iconic North London venue that offers everything you need for an extraordinary event or great day out with the benefit of some of the best panoramic views of London. Ally Pally, as it is lovingly know, hosts exhibitions, live music, live sport and corporate events throughout the year.
We are currently recruiting front of house Casual Event Duty Managers to provide operational support during events. If you have event management or venue experience we want to hear from you.
Please note this role does not require any planning or programming. Work is offered on an as and when needed basis according to Alexandra Palace’s event calendar.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Act as Duty Manager and key decision maker within area(s) of responsibility, handling and resolving any issues and customer queries
- Provide support to the Event Manager and wider events team as and when required including directing customers and assisting with ingress and egress
- Deliver event activity in line with the venue’s standard operating procedures
- Carry out briefings with contractors and suppliers prior to event open
- Complete all necessary post event report paperwork within agreed timeframes
- Report any building repairs or issues in a timely manner and take responsibility for ensuring work areas are clean and tidy
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent at grades C or above with ability to present information clearly
- Experience working in an event business or licensed premises managing front of house areas
- Experience working in a role that demonstrates a high level of customer service
- Good understanding of health and safety processes and procedures
- Ability to work proactively using own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to exercise appropriate situational judgement
- Willingness to work variable hours including some late nights, bank holidays and weekends
- A full, clean driver’s license (to drive Gator around site)
- IOSH qualification
- Experience of working as an operations or event manager within a venue, preferably with a capacity over 2,000
- Experience working with and supervising contractors and suppliers i.e. security, traffic, medical etc.
- Knowledge of Alexandra Palace’s event programme
This is not an exhaustive list, please see the job pack for further details.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role.