Senior Event Manager / Team Leader (children's charity)
Lovely opening for an Event Manager with strong team leadership skills to join a wonderful charity who organise bespoke experiences for ill children.
Amazing children's charity who make a huge impact on the lives of seriously and terminally ill children and their families, by delivering individual and group events / experiences throughout the UK that create wonderful shared memories and brighten the lives of many.
You'll be leading the team that create and deliver bespoke experiences for seriously and terminally ill children. You'll be managing a team of 8 event staff who are responsible for the project management of all aspects of planning, development and delivery of creating once in a lifetime experiences for the child. You'll occasionally be working on your own events/wishes but only as and when needed or when the team is stretched so this is very much a team leader / staff manager role rather you actually "doing /organising" events yourself.
- Manage the event organising team of 8 staff (including staff/team leadership, organisation of the team and managing their day to day workload)
- Manage the programme of events & projects
- Manage all processes, systems, templates & resource for the department
- Build/develop relationships with suppliers to get best value for money & in-kind services
- Budget management
- Departmental reporting & evaluation
- Supporting on the overall event strategy
- Inspire & motivate your team
- Ensure all correspondence and communication by your team is done to a high standard
You'll have strong event management skills and a proven background of leading a team and managing staff. Ideally, you'll have a minimum of 5 years' related experience (working for a charity or not for profit organisation) and you must have excellent commercial acumen, understand how to get best value for money and be good at negotiating and securing contra-deals and in-kind donations.
Experience of managing external suppliers including travel industry suppliers, celebrity agents, publicists etc is very important and you'll need to be a diplomatic and confident verbal communicator who has real empathy and would love to be working for a company that does good work that benefits others. You'll also bring to the table solid budget management, departmental leadership, project management and IT knowledge along with exceptional written & reporting skills (grammar, letter writing, spreadsheets, evaluation reports and summary documents).
This is a wonderful opportunity to bring your exemplary events knowledge and strong team leadership and staff management skills to this amazing organisation … and make a real difference to the lives of others.
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now.
More searches like this
- Associations Event Project Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Creative Events & Parties Event Project Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Event Management Event Project Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Live Events Event Project Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Charity Event Project Management jobs in London (Greater)