Alexandra Palace is the iconic North London venue that offers everything you need for an event, along with the best panoramic views of London.
We currently have a vacancy for an Event Manager to deliver nominated events as part of our ever-growing, eclectic events programme. This exciting role will work across all event spaces and will manage a variety of events including live music, live sport, exhibitions and corporate events.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years' proven event management experience gained in a venue managing events with minimum capacity of 5,000.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Plan and deliver nominated events in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Manage the event P&L for nominated events
- Monitor contractor and supplier performance during event tenancy
- Maintain and develop client and stakeholder relationships
- Coordinate event planning and debrief paperwork
- Uphold site presentation standards liaising with internal departments to facilitate repairs
- In the role of Duty Manager (EV2) prepare the venue for event open
- Participate in the creative development of the in-house events programme
- GCSE Maths and English with grade C or above, or equivalent
- IOSH / Managing Safety qualification
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role at a venue delivering large scale events
- Experience of crowd management
- Experience briefing contractors and suppliers
- Experience managing event budgets in excess of £50,000
- Experience liaising with a variety of stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to give clear verbal instructions and present accurate written work
- Strong time management
- Tact and diplomacy
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Available to work some anti-social hours including late nights, bank holidays and weekends
- Degree of professional event qualification
- Knowledge of Alexandra Palace's events programme and industry competitors
This is not an exhaustive list. Please see the JOB PACK for further details
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Tuesday 14 August 2018
No agencies please