Event Manager (B2B events - association)
Brilliant permanent Event Manager job with a leading Canary Wharf based Association working on a range of B2B events for top corporate companies!
Business Association, based in the commercial hub of Canary Wharf, providing a varied calendar of business events, flagship conferences, dinners, seminars and training events (20-800 pax) for leading Banks and Law Firms.
As one of three Event Managers you'll be responsible for the full end to end event management of a busy schedule of events, ranging from seminars, conferences to training events. You'll attend all your UK events (mainly London), and remotely manage international events. Typical events include a seminar in Prague for 90 people, a UK based week-long series of training events, to an early evening London based seminar for 150. The team handle over 60 events each year, and the calendar is growing. You'll be responsible for the event logistics and on-site delivery for all your own events and will also work as part of the team on their major annual conference for over 800 delegates.
- Day to day management of all logistical requirements of events
- Venue finding & venue management
- Speaker management (communication, presentations, additional material)
- Delegate registration management & responding to delegate queries
- Supplier management (AV and catering etc)
- Post event reporting including invoicing
- Budget management
You'll be a meticulously detailed Event Manager / Senior Event Coordinator with circa 4-5 years B2B events experience, strong communication skills, and a proven track record of delivering your own events. You'll have proven experience of working on a varied range of events - ideally including training events - and enjoy the nitty gritty of delivery, and the challenge of dealing with multiple events at one time. You're confident dealing with senior level speakers and business delegates. Excellent communication skills are key, as are good interpersonal and relationship building skills. Fit is key, with the natural personality to work easily within a relatively small organisation, and responsive to the needs and expectations of corporate delegates.
- Track record of delivering events including training events within a business context
- Experience across all areas of event logistics
- Experience of managing external suppliers & venues
- Delegate management experience
- Relationship builder with excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Budget Management experience
- Good IT skills, experience of using delegate database
- Confident, outgoing and a strong multi-tasker who can prioritise own workload
- Excellent attention to detail with an organised and methodical approach
This is an excellent opportunity for an Event Manager / Senior Event Coordinator with circa 4-5 years B2B events experience to join this small friendly team, and work on a busy schedule of events, gaining exposure to leading corporate companies.
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now.