The Outdoor Swimming Society is looking to recruit an experienced, multi-talented professional event manager to work with a small team in Somerset, overseeing all aspects of the delivery of our three iconic open water swim events and developing a new mass participation event for 2019.
This is a long term role for someone with extensive ground-up experience managing mass participation sporting events and will involve everything from:
- Designing and planning the event format
- Sourcing and contracting suppliers
- Recruiting and managing staff
- Managing budgets, sponsors, ticket sales and stakeholders
The right candidate is likely to have experience (and at least some level of enthusiasm) for all of these components!
Finding the right person to work with long term to grow the OSS offer is the most important criteria, but the following elements are required:
- 4 days per week commitment (with more around the event weekends themselves)
- Capacity to work in a Somerset based office occasionally (2+ days per month).
(There is the possibility of developing this into a 5 day a week role, in the event of the new event(s) supporting that job expansion.)
We would love to hear from you! Apply online now with your application form and CV to make the most of this exciting opportunity!