Event Sales Manager
TAG is an award-winning global travel and event management company specialising in providing an exceptionally high-level of service to our clients. TAG Global Events is looking for a tenacious and driven Event Sales Manager to join the UK team. Based in London or Manchester, this is a great opportunity for anyone with a passion for event sales, but also for delivering an exceptional 5* service, looking to join an exciting, dynamic and well-respected organisation.
The Global Events Team has transitioned from a small team of four to a comprehensive events team of 13 through organic growth. The team provides an end-to-end service for clients and manages events for small domestic clients as well as international events for regional and international clients. The Global Events team aims to deliver innovative, creative and excellent services to all stakeholders. Together with the broader TAG-UK, the Global Events team has aggressive and ambitious growth plans and is actively positioning itself as provider of choice for innovative and complex events within the UK region.
To manage an end-to-end sales process - define a strategy, set a commercial pipeline in motion, build a forecast, oversee budget and execute along with managing all RFI/RFP processes, negotiate and close deals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- At least five years’ experience within the event industry and at least two years’ experience in an event sales capacity selling event solutions to global companies and brands
- Understand the basics of flight management within events and delegate management and sell these components as standalone offerings or as part of an event
- Ability to consultatively research, write and design creative proposals to meet client requirements
- Ability to confidently present TAG and event proposals to a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong commercial mindset with proven negotiation and influencing skills across all levels of stakeholders
- Strong event management technology (apps, registration software etc.) knowledge with a focus on an understanding of how technology can support commercial goals
- Proven track record of meeting and / or exceeding target goals
- Understanding of detailed client budgets , managing commission, supplier costs, margins, foreign exchange and ensuring value for money for the client and from suppliers
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Analytical mind – able to think on your feet and adapt yourself to the prospect
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Ability to understand customer needs and identify key requirements to assist the sale
- Excellent time management / organisational skills
- Experience of using Salesforce / a CRM system
- Events management operational experience