Senior Events Officer (Events for London, External Relations)
The Greater London Authority (GLA) is seeking an experienced Senior Events Officer to join the Events for London team delivering the Mayor of London’s Events Programme on a fixed term/secondment basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a team delivering some of London’s most exciting and high-profile live public events.
The Mayor’s Events programme enhances and enriches London with free events that celebrate diverse cultures and bring Londoners together from across the city from different communities. The Mayor’s Events Programme:
- includes over 40 events including London’s spectacular New Year’s Eve Firework Display,
- engages with an audience of over 3 million people
- features collaborations with over 50 event partners
- generates an estimated economic impact of £45m
We are ideally seeking candidates with a successful track record of project management in the design, operation and delivery of outdoor events and in managing relationships with statutory agencies, contractors, sponsors and London's diverse communities. Strong written and oral communication skills are a must. Qualifications in Event Management, knowledge of legislation relating to the Events Industry and the management of the public realm would also be advantageous.
This role is Fixed-Term or secondment until September 2020.
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.
If you have a question about the role or the recruitment process then please contact a member of the recruitment team via email@example.com quoting reference GLA320.
Application closing date: Sunday 13 January 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share.
More searches like this
- Conferences Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Hospitality Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Creative Events & Parties Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Events and Shows Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Event Management Event Project Management jobs in London (Central)